Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loyzie-lou Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Heavy flow
    The last few periods that I've had have been a heavy flow and I was just wondering if this was bad and if I should be concerned about it as I am a young teen. Is it bad that I am losing a lot of blood?:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 5, 2007, 05:54 AM
    How young are you? How long have you had your periods?

Let's start here first.

Jan 5, 2007, 06:28 AM
    OK I am 16 had them for about 2-3 years
    Expert

Jan 5, 2007, 06:33 AM
    This can be normal for some women. When was your last yearly checkup with your doctor?

Jan 5, 2007, 06:38 AM
    I've never had a yearly check up with my doctor. Am I supposed to have had?
    Expert

Jan 5, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Many doctors believe that once a woman begins to have her period she should have a yearly pelvic exam. On the other hand, many doctors believe that this is not necessary until a woman becomes sexually active.

With that being said, it is always best to have a check up with your doctor once a year for both men and women from birth. It is just that the pelvic exam can wait. So you should have been seeing a doctor on a regular basis once a year.

While heavy bleeding can be normal for some women, it is not normal for others. It can cause anemia (low red blood count) if it is not normal for you. The only way to determine if this is your kind of cycle would be to visit your doctor.

You may get a lot of women here giving you advice because they have periods like this, or they know someone who does. But to be perfectly honest, only your doctor can give you the advice that is healthiest for your particular case.

I wish I could help you more, but you should see your doctor to make sure that this is normal and that you are not anemic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very heavy period [ 3 Answers ]

For the last two months I have had clotting and chunks of blood come out when I am on my period last month I was on for 3 weeks but one week was spotting and then there was a week and a half of clumping and bleeding then regular bleeding and it is the same so far for this week. In November of 04 I...

Heavy periods after miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

I had a miscarriage in May of this year (2006), I tried to let nature take its course however, I had to be admitted to hospital because the bleeding was very heavy (soaking a sanitary pad in less than hour) and I eventually had to have a D & C, whilst doing the D & C they found a cyst and took a...

Heavy Metal Band [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about a 1980's "hair" heavy metal band called Saints and Sinners. Their biggest hit was "Rip It Up" but I would like to know about their history and members.

View more questions Search