Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dolphan199 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 06:38 AM
    58STA110 Carrier furnace not igniting
    Same problem as I've seen on site, but my question isWHERE is the hot surface igniter supposed to be? I traced the wires from the control board and they go to a plug that is not connected and it looks like it can't reach anything(too short) how did this ever work? Moved into house during summer. The flame detector loks like it has seen flames before though.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2010, 06:41 AM

I don't know about your specific model, but the HSI should be near one of the burners so that it can ignite the gas.

In this photo, you can see a silhouette of the HSI against the flame of the right-most burner. If it's not there, I'd complain to your home inspector that he didn't check the furnace.

Good luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace not igniting. [ 6 Answers ]

Also how does my control board know the difference between Heat Pump or Gas heat? It is no longer a heat pump system as I changed my ac and its just electric.

58STA110 Carrier furnace not igniting [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a 58STA110 Carrier furnace manufactured in Oct of 02 that is not igniting. Cooling is fine. The induction fan starts and runs for a few seconds. I hear and smell the gas start blowing, but after a few seconds the gas shuts off followed by the fan cutting of several seconds later....

Goodman furnace not igniting [ 25 Answers ]

I have a Goodman furnace (I think, that's what the guy who came to give me an estimate for having central air installed said) and it won't ignite. I had a vent blocked to one room in the house because I was scraping paint and didn't want the dust in the ducts. It was blocked for about 20 hours. ...

View more questions Search