Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richn13 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2004, 12:02 PM
    Ipod & WIN ME
    Can someone tell me what software i need and where i can get it to make ipod work with windows millennium?
    ??
    Fergus O'Carroll Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2006, 12:15 PM
    Did you find a fix
    Did you ever get an answer to your question , my niece has bought an Ipos for xmas and cannot use it because her PC in running win ME
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2006, 12:22 PM
    I tried to help a friend with this (iPOD and WinME) and it's pointless unless you are quite computer savvy. There are workarounds but they are long and laborious. Solution was to upgrade to XP.

Jan 4, 2006, 12:26 PM
    Thanks,her PC insn't online , do you know if there is anyway to upgrade to XP easily without purchasing it in a store.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2006, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus O'Carroll
    Thanks,her PC insn't online , do you know if there is anyway to upgrade to XP easily without purchasing it in a store.
    Nope, got to buy the CD.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 4, 2006, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Nope, gotta buy the CD.
    Damn Micro-soft lol, the only way to get a good version that works is too buy one from store... Don't go for copys a friend of mine did and boy did they have problems
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Jan 5, 2006, 11:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nwsflash
    Don't go for copys a friend of mine did and boy did they have problems
    That is, don't try to copy it - unless you know what you're doing... (heh heh heh!! )

Even with Microsoft's latest attempts (e.g. disabling updates, etc.) it is still possible to pirate WinXP SP2 successfully (I am speaking from experience here). However, I would not recommend doing it as it can get quite messy if you're not up to the task (from a technical standpoint).
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 6, 2006, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmMP3
    That is, don't try to copy it - unless you know what you're doing... (heh heh heh!!!)

Even with Microsoft's latest attempts (e.g. disabling updates, etc.) it is still possible to pirate WinXP SP2 successfully (I am speaking from experience here). However, I would not recommend doing it as it can get quite messy if you're not up to the task (from a technical standpoint).
    LoL I'd have to say that I agree 100% with that

Jan 6, 2006, 12:01 PM
    Looks like she's going to have to open her purse and make a purchase so .

Thanks for all the feedback, I think we can close this issue off

This a really :cool: :cool: site , looking forward to using it frequently

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I Put Songs From My CD Onto An iPod [ 7 Answers ]

I am getting an iPod and I need to know if I can transfer my songs on my conputer that are from CDs to the iPod. Along with that what software programs can I use to download music? Please tell my that itunes isn't my only choice. And by the way, is DRM eliminated when downloading music, I hope it...

IPod 'v' Creative [ 1 Answers ]

I was interested in getting a 20gb iPod and then heard about Creative's Zen... How well does it compare? Can it be only used with a PC, or is it also Mac compatible? Any info / advice much appreciated! Cheers :D

Ipod nano [ 5 Answers ]

I have a iPod nano and my girlfriend has the new one that you can put music videos on it. Well I was just going to let her use my computer to download all her music. So when we hooked hers up it said that you had to update the version to one higher than I had for my nano. So I did and everything...

Radio to iPod [ 1 Answers ]

I've already asked this question on radio but I'm not sure how many people look on that forum so I'm putting it on here too... can anyone tell me why none of the radio plays, books at bedtime etc. are available for download? I can listen to them if I've got time to sit at the computer and do it...

View more questions Search