Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justntime Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 02:22 PM
    Is a eviction form needed
    I have let a friend live rent free at my house with no lease for the last 3 yrs. And I want him to move but he refuses. So do I need to get a eviction notice or how do I proceed about going with this
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2010, 02:56 PM

You need to give him written notice to leave the premises. Then when they don't do this you need to file a formal eviction lawsuit against him. When you are at the hearing for the eviction you also need to get an Order of Removal as well otherwise this joker just may decide not to leave the premises with just the Order of Possession as the cops don't have to make the person physically leave without the Order of Removal. Small technicality but trust me, if the cops want to be jerks they can just tell you to go back to the Judge and get the Order of Removal before they'll physically remove the "friend" from your house.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2010, 05:16 PM

First, any question about law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. The person has established residence. Therefore, he is considered a month to month tenant. Depending on where you live will depend on what notice you have to give. If he refuses to move by the deadline you will then need to go to court for an eviction order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

D.I. Why. Legal form needed to revoke signature [ 2 Answers ]

My mother signed documents (Petition for Appointment of General Conservator) giving Power of Attorney of my grandmother to my aunt. Since then my aunt has been keeping my grandmother from her family and refuses to answer any calls from anyone trying to contact my grandmother. My mother now wishes...

Urgent suggestion needed for filling DS-156 form [ 1 Answers ]

I have some queries related to filling DS-156 form. The pages of my first passport got exhausted. So I applied for additional booklet and my passport number was changed in 2nd booklet. On 1st booklet, they stamped it as cancelled. Can somebody Pl. help me with following queries: 1) What should...

Eviction notice form [ 3 Answers ]

Can I get a copy of a free legal eviction notice

Type of tax form needed NY & CA [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Re 2006 taxes, I've lived in California entire 2006 and actually bacame a resident in October 2006. However, I worked in NY in 2005 and some money owed to me was paid in 2006, so I received a 2006 W2 from my previous NY employer. Appreciate if you can let me know if (a) I have to file NY...

Help needed: Form to file 1040NR? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Before I start with my question, Thanks to AtlantaTaxExpert for patiently answering the questions to all.It does really help us many reading your posts. I got most of the information I require from the questions other people have asked. I am trying to follow this post for my decisions...

View more questions Search