Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bcuenco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 12:31 PM
    Rebooting
    My computer was fine until a relative stayed for a few weeks and sort of wiped my computer clean... I don't even have a desktop. My mom in law came to visit and told me that I could try the ctrl-alt-delete to get online... she tried to reboot but we don't have the disks. She tried to get to the "My Computer" but it is sort of hard when there is no desktop or anything else on the screen. Someone please help!!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2010, 12:36 PM
    Can you reboot into Safe Mode?
    What's on the last screen you see, any error messages?
    XM8 Posts: 213, Reputation: 14

Nov 18, 2010, 06:00 AM
    Exactly... can you boot into safe mode? With most computers you press F8 or F10 or del right after you turn on the computer - you should get a menu normally asking you.

Let us know how that goes and we can help you further.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rebooting PC [ 4 Answers ]

How can I reboot my computer? Please specify the steps that are required to reboot computer.

PC keeps rebooting on its own. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My PC has for the past couple of days been rebooting itself. Without warning everything I am doing just disappears except the desktop picture. Icons then reappear and I have to wait ages for the task bar to load. Once complete I press Firefox and then the "restore previous session" button....

Rebooting a PC [ 2 Answers ]

How do I reboot my PC?

Rebooting etc [ 7 Answers ]

Hi please can someone help me... I have had problems with my new acer aspire 9301 laptop for the last few days... I have had a loop of windows explorer has stopped working followed by windows is resarting... I finally put it down to a trojan from spylocked 3.6 and antivermin 2.7 but before I could...

Rebooting [ 2 Answers ]

My computer is rebooting at will. How can I correct this and what is causing it.

View more questions Search