Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ravishankar Gowda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Dynamic Balancing of Rollers.
    I am balancing an aluminium roller using Dynamic balancing machine for G6.3 grade. I find the roller after balancing & assembling on the machine, will rotate. Actually if the roller is balanced it should not rotate in the reverse direction after it comes to rest. Whether the dynamic balancing machine is not giving proper results or is there any other unseen problems.
    rackld Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 11:17 AM
    I'm unclear on the specifics of what you are doing, but as a general reply I can make some comments. When you dynamically balance your roller it should be moving, and your balancing about a centroid that's the average of the roller's mass distribution. If we assume you balanced the roller dynamically as best as you could, and the roller is free of other influences, then what you see is gravity is acting on an asymmetrical mass distribution about the roller's axis. That is, your roller is lopsided and the dynamic center of gravity is not the same as the static center of gravity. You can test this and get some feel for the situation by marking sections on the roller's end, numbering them, and rotating each to the top, releasing the roller, then seeing which way the roller turns. All rollers are lopsided to some degree. If this matters or not depends on the application. If you even see this depends on the asymmetry and the roller's friction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dynamic IP [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all the Experts,

Archiving dynamic web sites [ 1 Answers ]

I look for an application that can, copy archive and export, dynamic web sites for later offline browsing. I need a better solution.

Dynamic jsp [ 2 Answers ]

Hi:) I am doing a project where I have set up a website. I have added info into mysql. How do I dynamically get info. I have set up a clothes website, and if the customer uses drop down menus and selects "skirts" and "black" for example, how do I dynamically add the "skirts" and "black"...

Question about dynamic ip [ 11 Answers ]

I am wondering if there is a free program out there that I can use that will make my system act as if it has a static ip. I don't to host a site for the public it will be a site that I can go to get things for myself. I am thinking of having a ftp server so that I can access it from my friends...

View more questions Search