Ask
    greg.labar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 09:20 PM
    How do you know if your dog has a bladder problem
    My dog started to pee in the house again
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2010, 09:27 PM

You know by taking the sample to the vet. If the dog has an infection, they will find it.

Is your dog urinating without seeming to know it? If the urine sample comes back negative, a lot of time they will think towards incontinence,which is more common in older, spayed female dogs.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2010, 04:50 AM

As Sariss said, the vet will be able to test and see if there is an infection.
    To save time get a specimen jar from the drug store and take a urine sample the morning you go to the vets.
    You will probably have to follow her around and quickly put the jar under her when she goes.

The other option is incontinence. There are a few different forms. Some cause a constant drip of urine as the muscles just aren't strong enough to hold it in and it flows freely.
    Others can cause the dog to 'leak' when very relaxed or sleeping.

Final option is behavioural.
    Has anything changed around the house lately? More visitors than usual, new pets, being left alone longer etc?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with neutered dog [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, my dog just got neutered. One day after the surgery, I noticed that he had blood in his urine. Its not a lot of blood, just a little. Is there something wrong with him? Other than the blood in the urine, everythings seems fine. Please help.

Dog uncontrollable bladder after surgery [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old great dane and we had her fixed at a young age ( around 6 months give or take a month) ever since then we have had a problem with her having an uncontrollable bladder. She will be laying in the floor and all of a sudden we look over at her and there is a huge puddle of pee under...

My dog might have a bladder infection [ 1 Answers ]

About 6 months ago my 9 year old bulldog started wetting in the house. He had a little blood in his urine so I took a sample to the vet and he had a bladder infection. I got a prescription for amoxacillan. I was wondering if anyone has any home remedies that I might be able to use. I called the vet...

Dog has skin problem [ 5 Answers ]

My lab/german shepered has skin irritation. I have tried giving her medicine, soaking her in Cortizone cream. Nothing seems to work. She's shaving herself, causing redness, and to top it off my sister has lice. But the doc. Says lice can't be transferred from dog to human, or human to dog! I don't...

8 mo. Beagle mix and bladder control problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have and 8mo. Beagle mix. I got her from adopt-a-pet when she was about 6mo. She has been up and down with the potty training, but pretty much gets it as long as I keep her on her sched. I am going to try training to go to the door when she has to go out. She is a smart dog and picks things up...

View more questions Search