Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iclubb Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 01:45 PM
    Electric oven heating element doesn't heat up
    The background: recently purchased house with a duel-fuel (gas range, electric oven) stove. Did some renovation work including brand new main (100amp) and secondary (60amp) electrical panels. Electric oven has not worked since we moved in (ie after reno work). Previous owners swear that it worked until the day they moved out and I trust them implicitly, 100%. They actually moved up the street and I see them every day, and I've come to know them, and so I really believe them. So..

Repair guy was here and measured voltage coming out of socket in the wall that oven is plugged into. (It's a jenn-air by the way.) He was able to get 110 on either side, but no reading whatsoever when spanning the two trying to get a 240v reading. Is it possible that the problem is at the circuit panel? Is that where an outlet is made to be 240? Given that that's what's changed since oven stopped working, that's what my money's on, but as is probably obvious, I know next to nothing about electrical stuff. Thanks in advance.

Check out some similar questions!

GE oven heating element not working [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 25+ year old GE electric oven. This week the bake (bottom) heating element quit working. Is it just a matter of getting a new heating element or is there something else I can check that would cause this issue?

Electric oven element - what is wrong. [ 1 Answers ]

Have an electric oven. The bottom element won't work. The element is fine. Bought a brand new element and still doesn't work. It is something else. What can it be and how can I test it? What could the possibilities be? Thanks.

Electric Furnace - heating element [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to convert from my broken boiler furnace to an electric furnace. I have central air and all the vents from that. Can I just buy a heating element and put it into the air handler? If I can, how do I know what size heating element to buy? The search on the internet gave 10 and 15 KW...

Electric wall oven bake element wire [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Thinking I was on a roll after rewiring my ceiling fan I decided to replace the bake element on my kenmore electric wall oven that died the other night-how hard could it be to do? I turned off the breaker-unscrewed the element and gently pulled it out. One side had the wire attached-one did...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.