Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scortcho Posts: 78, Reputation: 3

Nov 8, 2010, 12:37 PM
    How can I make my girlfriend feel better when she's on her period?
    We've been dating for 6 months (woohoo) I love her more than anything and I always feel bad for her when she's on her period. So I go out of my way to be nice and try to make things easier for her. What else should I do to make her period as comfortable as possible? If you and I were dating what one thing would you really want me to do while you were on your period?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2010, 12:40 PM

I always want chocolate and a back rub. Or a foot rub :)
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 8, 2010, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scortcho View Post
    we've been dating for 6 months (woohoo) i love her more than anything and i always feel bad for her when she's on her period. so i go out of my way to be nice and try to make things easier for her. what else should i do to make her period as comfortable as possible? if you and i were dating what one thing would you really want me to do while you were on your period?
    First of all, I think that this is a very sweet question. The fact that would ask us this shows me that you care very deeply for her.:)

From what you are saying, it sounds as if you are doing a good job of making her feel comfortable.

The one thing that I liked is when my Husband would rub my forehead and cheeks. Or even stroked my hair while I was laying down.

You could give that a try.
    scortcho Posts: 78, Reputation: 3

Nov 8, 2010, 12:54 PM

Both good. Thank you
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2010, 12:56 PM

Muscle relaxers--hot fudge milk shake--more muscle relaxers---nap time---oh and have really cute UPS guy deliver those for me!! ----aahh. Okay the UPS guy is for me, you can leave that out for her.. LOL

Great question---she is very lucky to have you!
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2010, 01:03 PM

This is a sweet question. I find I feel better when I eat right and exercise, especially a nice walk. A bubble bath also helps a lot. Back rubs are great, and personally I love getting my hair brushed. Just knowing you are there for her will mean a lot.
    pandead Posts: 280, Reputation: 228

Nov 8, 2010, 01:19 PM

I agree, this is the sweetest question ever! :)
    It's chocolate, blankets and A LOT of patience for me. Most girls would agree, mood swings can be very tricky when your hormones go crazy :p
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 8, 2010, 01:19 PM
    Great question! In addition to all of the other great ideas, don't get upset if she loses her temper, gets cranky or tries to pick fights. Don't "yes, dear" her but don't take it personally or fight back either. If/when she gets that way either give her a really big hug or leave her alone for awhile. Or both. :)
    Clemintine Posts: 105, Reputation: 30

Nov 8, 2010, 01:22 PM
    Awww man, that really is sweet of you to care so much :)
    I like when I come home from work and I don't have a whole chore list waiting for me. To do dishes, sweep, laundry anything when I feel all crampy and annoyed haha is never good for my mood. Basically making less work and more relaxing time for her would probably be very nice! All the other suggestions too are very awesome, and it's true just being there and so kind for her is very helpful in itself. I hope she really appreciates how lucky a catch she's got!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 8, 2010, 03:20 PM
    I agree with the others, you ARE a sweetheart.

None of the above worked for me though. If my husband came within 10 feet of me, let alone offering a box of chocolates or a foot rub, I would have chewed his head off.

Sometimes, the best thing to do, is nothing.

It's only temporary, and some of us just like to have a little more space during that time.

But, you are the best for trying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She says she's into me, but I don't feel she is. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have been in a relationship now for 6 months. We both have very similar interests, I am 25 she is 22. Before this I was without a girlfriend for 5 years, and she has been in a relationship since she was 18. I have spent almost every day with this girl for 6 months, I do love her and she...

What is my girlfriend/ex girlfriend thinking? Will she realize what she's lost? [ 44 Answers ]

All right, before I start let me just say that I have been dating this girl for 3 years, ever since we graduated from high school. Background info: We met in high school, I really never knew her up until my senior year. We're both the same age and she sat beside me in class because she taught I...

How to make your pregnant girlfriend feel special? [ 2 Answers ]

How to make your pregnant girlfriend feel special?

View more questions Search