Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicola.m.s Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2010, 08:28 PM
    He loves me, he loves me not..
    Right so there is this guy( as usual). He's one of the boys out of our group (our group only consists of guy plus 2 girls, me and my best friend who is dating one of the boys). So I've always had a bit of a crush on him but it's never really been anything much of a crush. Recently we've become extremely close and I think he likes me, however he fails to show any sings that he likes me until we're alone away from the rest of the group. But we still cuddle all the time when we are around everyone else. So I asked my mate what he thinks about it and he said that if we got together he would be the happiest person ever, and that everyone recons we would make a cute couple. But it seems to me that he's scared to show all of the others that he has feelings for me, so what do I do ? My mate is trying to organise a movie session for just the both of us, but I dono if that's a good idea, because maybe he really isn't interested?
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Nov 7, 2010, 08:42 PM
    I say give him a try... perhaps he is not sure if you like him either. I suppose if he is shy about showing his feelings in front of all your mates then you could always have a talk with him about it and see what happens. If you are his first girlfriend then it may take him a little while to get used to even having a girlfriend. It depends on how much you like him too. Good luck!
    youradvisor1 Posts: 31, Reputation: 12

Nov 7, 2010, 10:20 PM
    First off you used the language reckon and mate and spelled the word organize "organise" which indicates to me you're from the UK or Ireland. I love it and think that's awesome. I wish we used those terms here in the states. I say go for it and my gut tells me that if his mutual friends say he'd be elated than he has expressed his interest toward you. Good luck and have fun. Girl, this guy has a thing for you. You should not fret. Just roll with the punches and have fun.

Nov 8, 2010, 06:26 PM
    Comment on youradvisor1's post
    Hahah well actually I'm from australia, and I never realised how much of a bogan I am when I talk until you mentioned it lol. Oh and some of the boys said to him that he should go for me, and he told them to drop it.. so what does that mean ?

Nov 8, 2010, 06:27 PM
    Comment on ironhide262's post
    But what if he doesn't like me and then I tell him I do, and then it makes things all akward when we all hang out?
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Nov 8, 2010, 07:19 PM
    These are the times when you just have to "step up" and show your feelings. He already showed that he has some feelings for you... I don't think that is a mystery.
    If for some reason he doesn't want to date you it should not affect your friendship... you can still be friends no matter what. Also, I think your other friends probably have a good idea what is going on between you two so, it shouldn't come as a surprise.
    I don't think you should read too much into what he said to his mates. They were all bugging him as to why he had not already made some moves for you.
    Just relax, take a deep breath, keep hanging out with him, have fun, the opportunities will come to express your feelings. Also, try not to take things so seriously, he may be a very good friend but, who knows, he may fall short of your expectations as a boyfriend. Keep it real and enjoy yourself!

Nov 9, 2010, 05:05 AM
    Comment on ironhide262's post
    Thank you!
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2010, 10:57 AM

Nicola,

I am not trying to be negative here, but I would like to give you some advice from a different perspective.

If he is willing to cuddle with you and show you attention when your alone together, but NOT in front of others, I would say that he is just trying to score without putting any effort in being a proper boyfriend! STOP cuddling with him and acting like he is your boyfriend. Make him step up if that is what he wanting. If he really wants a relationship with you he will act like he does rather you are in front of the other friends or not!! Don't settle for less then HIM asking you out like a proper date.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 9, 2010, 11:07 AM

It's like he's ashamed of doing anything in public with you. If he really wanted something to happen, he would let you know how he feels, as opposed to playing all these mind games.

If you want to stop guessing what he's thinking, then ask him how he feels about you and go from there.

Nov 10, 2010, 04:35 AM
    Okay for some reason I can't comment back to anyone's comments so I'll write them here.

answerme_tender: yer I can see where you are coming from but he's not like that he's basically a virgin and is waay too sweet to have a one night stand. Id prbably think he was gay first before believing he had a one night stand or in plain words effed a girl over lol, he's just waaay too much of a lovely guy to hurt someone's feelings like that, that's y it's going to be so hard to ask him how he feels about me, if that makes sense??

I wish: planning to do that this weekend lol so thank you for your advise!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 10, 2010, 12:39 PM

You don't need to reply to a specific comment, you can just post a new post in your own thread, like you just did.

Let us know how it goes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife loves her daughter more than she loves me! [ 17 Answers ]

I recently discovered that when my wife (of twelve years) and her adult daughter go with my visiting mother-in-law or a visiting friend, it was not really just "a girl's" Sunday brunch;" I was excluded because my daughter-in-law, who lives nearby but has always avoided me, told her mother (my...

My girlfriend says she loves me but also loves her ex [ 6 Answers ]

Bit of a long story, sorry. Ok, so here is how it all started. I met my girlfriend 4 years ago, we have been dating off and on for about 4 years. Sometimes it was my fault we broke up, sometimes it was her fault, but we always came back to each other. We both admitted that we were in love and...

Loves me but loves someone else too she thinks [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for a while now. I love this girl and she says she does too. But I found out that she had feelings for her best friend and she said she realized she was in love with him after she found out she was in love with me. Hes a friend also a good guy too but he says...

Hey found an article about first loves and loves in my local paper, might interest you! [ 2 Answers ]

Love Story (from Bournemouth Echo) Might interest you, :P Nothing amazing but its sweet, a book is listed there some may be interetsed in.

View more questions Search