Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colettekw3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Glass block shower wall
    I had a free standing glass block shower wall installed using a block pattern that does not come with end cap blocks. Currently it has the very un-attractive PVC frame. What are my options for hiding this to enhance the beauty of the glass blocks? There does not seem to be any options with the manufacturer. Would you suggest having an aluminum frame manufactured? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    dollyspin Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 11:27 AM
    I saw a nice solution using corian cut and adhered along the exposed edges of a glass shower enclosure. This is probaby not an inexpensive solution but it had a very attractive look and would match the durability of the glass block.
    crosby1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by colettekw3
    I had a free standing glass block shower wall installed using a block pattern that does not come with end cap blocks. Currently it has the very un-attractive PVC frame. What are my options for hiding this to enhance the beauty of the glass blocks? There does not seem to be any options with the manufacturer. Would you suggest having an aluminum frame manufactured? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Why not just mortar and tile the ends of the glass block to match your bathroom?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to remove a glass block wall [ 5 Answers ]

we bought a condo that has a glass block wall, floor to ceiling, measuring 8.67' x 8.67'. Each block is an 8 " square, 3 " deep. There are a total of 169 blocks. What is the safest, cleanest method of removing it? See attached photo. Thanks Ron

Building new shower with glass block [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to build a new 36' x 48" shower with glassblock on 1 1/2 sides, no shower door and tile on the other 2 walls. My question is: Is it best to buy a premade shower pan that is strong enough to hold the weight of the glass block on the caps or build my own? If prefab, any recommendations;...

Drilling Glass Block.. . [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings! I want to drill into glass block. I have a good handheld battery drill and a new glass drill bit, any suggestions?

Frameless shower door installed on glass block [ 1 Answers ]

I am faced with trying to install a frameless shower door on glass block. The problem is that with the weight of the 3/8" door and the spacing of the hinges;it is not feasible to anchor the hinges into the grout joints. Any suggestions?

Glass Block Shower [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to install a glass block shower in my bathroom. I am going to (hopefully) attach the Door directly to the glass block. My understanding is that I put anchors in the morter joints to hold the door. My question is about finishing. How would I finish the block around the door? It...

View more questions Search