Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bevv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Office set up
    My office tool bar is missing everything but file, help, and edit when I clicked on repair I followed directions and put in CD first it came upo that I was missing zf612707.cab and next time ki was missing sku 112.cab if I removed office from myt computer with add/remove, bought a new copy of student edition and reinstalled would I get a copy that worked I'm not sure if this problem started because I installed over a trial edition on my new computer and somehow screwed it up or some other happening I'm not a computer genius, I am taking online grad classes and don't have time to have "not functioning" office softward
    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide
    Bev
    Dale F Wiley Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Hi Bevv,

Why don't we try the simple thing first?

When Word starts misbehaving the prudent thing to do is to simply replace Normal.dot.
    (Normal.dot is the default template for Word.)

If you have significantly modified or configured the Toolbars as I have you might want to make a backup copy of Normal.dot so you could restore it if necessary.
    (If this is true there should already be a backup copy)

Delete Normal.dot

Close Word

Use the Find/Search Files or Folders feature of Windows Start, Find or Start, Search

All Files and Folders

Type in Normal.dot

Search Drive C:

Select Search or Find

You should see either Normal.dot or Normal in the search results depending on how you configured the Folders.

Delete it and if you see ~ormal.dot, ~$ Normal.dot.doc or ~normal.dot delete those also to your Recycle Bin.

When you start Word again it will create a new normal.dot that is the default Document1.doc.

Good luck.

Dale :-)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 5, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Deleting Normal.dot as Dale suggested is a good tactic. But if you have tried to reinstall unsuccessfuly, your install may be totally screwed. Where did you get the version of Office you installed? If it's a pirated copy, then by all means, uninstall, buy a legal version and install that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with office 10 and office 11 [ 9 Answers ]

OK I had office 2002 installed. The os is 2k. When in outlook using word as email editor. Word will encounter a problem. Ask to send a report shutdown then try to reclaim what you were working on. I have deleted the users profile and recreated it. I upgraded finally to office 2003. Still the same...

Ms Office [ 3 Answers ]

Hi when I try to open a word file its taking a long time for it to open as it says its scanning for virus.. its taking almost 2 minutes for a file to open. It happens with the smallest size of word document

Help! With windows office! [ 5 Answers ]

OK so I have windows 2003on my brand new laptop (haha) and so the laptop comes with the 30 day trial for windows 2006 but I don't want that. Every time I open like word it pops up then it says=installing windows 2006 trial. And I can't open my projects I've done cause when I close the installation...

Shoot-set and Quick-set Combo [ 2 Answers ]

I have not seen this yet, but I haven't seen everything... lol I was thinking that these two misdirection sets could be used in a single play because the quick-set causes the opponent to position, dig-in, and focus on the quick-set hitter, but the ball could be shoot-set along the net for anyone...

Xp Office [ 5 Answers ]

I have an Me Operating system and I`m trying to install the Microsoft Xp Office. It is installed successfully but as I reboot the installation is lost.When I click on the shortcut for either Word,exel or Powerpoint ,I always get the massage `This action only valid for products that are currently...

View more questions Search