Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gregbarb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Purchase of repossessed mobile home
    I purchased a mobile home that had been repossessed by a bank and removed from a lot in a mobile home park and placed in a storage yard. When I went to have the mobile home relocated to a new park I was denied possession until I paid $3,000.00 to the storage yard. This represented fees that were charged to the bank to remove the mobile home to the storage yard, prior to my purchase, that the bank never paid. I paid the $3,000.00. The bank says that they sold it to me and it is a done deal, but they never told me about the outstanding charges before I purchased the mobile home. What can I do?

Thank you for your response.

GregBarb
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Sue the bank for the 3000 you paid to the storage yard. This was basically a rip off, it was the banks storage till the day you paid for it. So you owe them for the number of days from the time you paid for it, till you moved it.

The bank owes them for the moving and the storage. You had no contract with them. I bet the bank may have even paid them, and they got paid double ( a guess I could be wrong)

So first ask the bank for the payment, if they refuse sue them in small claims court
    Gotwheels Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Hi greg,
    This one is fairly cut and dry. Being a JD and a car Dealer , I can tell you that when you buy a repoed vehicle or anything on wheels the lienholder only cares and wants what is owed to them. Storage fees are not the banks problem. Someone should have told you about that. Your only recousre is to bite the bullet on this one or if you're really lucky get someone from the bank or finance company to admit they errerd and they are responsible for the mistake. And frankly, that will never happen. Sorry
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 5, 2007, 12:03 PM
    I go along with Chuck on this one. The bank contracted with the storage facility, not you. If the bank wanted to be reimbursed for their costs, they should have included it in their price. You should only be responsible for storage costs from your date of ownership.

Take the bank to small claims court and you are likely to win.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Purchase [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to purchase a home. The selling price for the want I want is $215,000. It is beyond my budget. I was told that the sellers can't drop their price because they will loose money. I want my mortgage to be within my means... Is there anything I can do to change their minds? When they...

Looking to purchase my first home [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: I am in my late 20's and am looking to purchase my first home within the next few months. I have been on my job for 3 years, and I make a decent salary for my age. I ran my credit the other day and it looks as though I owe about $800 on my credit. I recently purchased an 06 Chevy, interest...

Mobile Home Foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

My husband purchased a mobile home the year before we were married. A year after we married he was diagnosed with a chronic illness and has been unable to work since then. He receives SSI disability, but it is not much. In recent months he has been hospitalized for a lenghty period. Due to this, he...

Timing of home purchase and stock sales. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a situation which I can use some advice. I've been working in PA for 6 months now and want to move my family down from NYC permanently. Also we like to purchase a place instead of renting. Now my question is relating to when should I sell stock options. What would be the best...

View more questions Search