Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlara00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 03:36 PM
    Help with a electrical problem
    I recently bought a home and my guest bedroom fan stopped working along with the light switch and 2 outlets. On the opposite wall we have two outlets that are working and the light in the closet is working. Is there anything I can do or should I contact a electrician?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2010, 04:04 PM
    Could be a loose connection at the last operating receptacle on the circuit before the switch or outlets not working. If you know how to work on wiring , you may be able to pull out the devices and find a burnt or loose wire connection. Up to you if your capable of fixing it.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2010, 08:18 AM
    First, check the circuit breaker box, Look for a breaker that is not aligned with the others. If you find one, push it all the way off to reset and then all the way on. If you have fuse box, look for a blackened fuse and replace it. If that doesn't help, you possibly have a loose wire in a switch or outlet box. Unless you are comfortable working with electricity, ask your neighbors for a referral to an electrician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a craftsman lawn tractor with a 22 hp v twin kohler engine, my trouble started last year when I had trouble cranking my tractor. Thought I had found problem solved has run fine till just a couple weeks ago. I was back to having to jump tractor off but would run fine afterwards. Just this...

Do I have an electrical problem or not? [ 6 Answers ]

First, the problem. I have two flush-mounted ceiling light fixtures on my front porch. Bulbs are constantly (1 yr) blowing out. This is frequently accompanied by a spark. It seems as though I recall having a spark at the wall switch,as well. I have tried fluorescent as well as incandescent bulbs....

I've got a 1975 dodge power wagon. My after market ammeter shorted out and screwed things up, besides that all my wiring is old and brittle and broken. Where can I go and get a good wiring harness? I rolled the p/u years ago and when I put it back together I used a 1977 cab. The harness from the...

'92 Civic electrical problem [ 1 Answers ]

The battery light has started to come on - the battery has checked out good with 12.6 volts with engine off and when running the battery stays the same 12.6 volts. Am I looking at an alternator problem or something in wiring for this problem?

I have a 1987 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 plow truck that will not start.  When you turn the key to start the interior light goes out and it will not start.  You have to let it sit for 24 before the interior light comes on again.  And the cycle goes on,  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You.

View more questions Search