Nov 7, 2010, 03:34 PM

1) How long have you been married?
    2) Jealousy over what?
    3) Nasty comments about what?
    4) In public or in private or both?
    5) How long has this been going on?
    alisonb41 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 04:19 PM
    Married for 10 years going on forever but worse for last 5 years jealous over my friends family children is nasty in private and sometimes public calls me names won`t believe me when I say I love him. We split last Nov he walked out on me convinced himself I didn`t love him didn`t help with bils or mortgage I kept the house going believeing we could sort it out as he says he loves me and I love him. We got back together in June this year however we are back to square one. He called me a slut but I don`t go out, my daughter heard I don`t think he has any respect for me and if he does he has a funny way of showing it. I am unhappy and feel broken I don`t think I can go on
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 7, 2010, 04:26 PM

Where do you think all this is coming from? Have the two of you seen a marriage counselor -- or just you alone?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 7, 2010, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alisonb41 View Post
    Married for 10 years going on forever but worse for last 5 years jealous over my friends family children is nasty in private and sometimes public calls me names won`t believe me when i say i love him. We split last Nov he walked out on me convinced himself i didn`t love him didn`t help with bils or mortgage I kept the house going believeing we could sort it out as he says he loves me and i love him. We got back together in June this year however we are back to square one. He called me a slut but i don`t go out, my daughter heard i don`t think he has any respect for me and if he does he has a funny way of showing it. I am unhappy and feel broken i don`t think i can go on
    I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

Have you considered counseling? Not only for you and your husband, but for yourself as well?

You said it's been worse for the last 5 years. Have there been any major changes? Do you know what brought on this behavior?

You don't deserve to be treated like this, and you don't deserve to be unhappy because he's unstable, or doesn't know what he wants.

Counseling is a good idea, if you want to try to fix this. But, he needs to be willing to fix it as well.

Nov 7, 2010, 04:31 PM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    He won`t go I would however it is very expensive and a long waiting list. Thank you for answering

Nov 7, 2010, 04:32 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Thanks for taking the time to answer he won't go.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 7, 2010, 04:38 PM

Are you in the U.S. There are counselors available on a sliding scale (depending on income and situation) and available immediately. You should go to one to get your thinking in good order, so you don't deal with all of this in the wrong way.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2010, 03:03 PM

Good lord, why did you take him back in the first place. He walked out on you, left you to pay the bills, then just because he says " I love you" he is back in. Saying those words mean NOTHING unless they can be backed up with trust, care,friendship,stability, and yes physical attraction.

Just because you are married doesn't mean you have to subject yourself to emotional, verbal abuse. Nor should you EVER allow your childrent to witness this type of environment.

You said he won't go to any type of counseling. Listen if he isn't willing to work on this marriage, and why should he, you are letting him call the shots, verbally abuse you. He is the puppet master and guess who is the puppet.

What are you willing to do about this marriage. Life is way too short to waste it by being so unhappy. I am concerned with your children being witness to him verbally bashing you. This will have an effect on them in their adult lives if it continues. At least try getting some type of counseling from other sources ask your local churches or even one of your children's school counselors for a list
    Blondie29 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Nov 9, 2010, 02:08 AM
    No woman deserves this. I know it is hard but if you don't have children together GET OUT!
    jsalazar80 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 08:13 PM
    I know exactly how you feel my husband has been abusive verbally and physically. He is extremely jealous and accuses me none stop. I've taken two lie detector tests and past both and it is still going on I recently left him and got my own place and he told me sorry and of course I believe him and just a week ago the same happens all over again so I asked him to leave and he threatens me that he's going to get me kicked out not even caring about where his kids are going to live. I have started counseling and asked him to do it with me and when its time he chickens out. I am a born again christian and am walking with the lord and he is such a distraction for me. I pray none stop for him. It breaks my heart that I love him so much and wan better for us. The sadest thing of all is that we have three children in the middle of all of this big mess
    jsalazar80 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 08:22 PM
    [QUOTE=jsalazar80;3085766]I know exactly how you feel my husband has been abusive verbally and physically. He is extremely jealous and accuses me none stop. I've taken two lie detector tests and past both and it is still going on I recently left him and got my own place and he told me sorry and of course I believe him and just a week ago the same happens all over again so I asked him to leave and he threatens me that he's going to get me kicked out not even caring about where his kids are going to live. I have started counseling and asked him to do it with me and when its time he chickens out. I am a born again christian and am walking with the lord and he is such a distraction for me. I pray none stop for him. It breaks my heart that I love him so much and wan better for us. The sadest thing of all is that we have three children in the middle of all of this big mess.I wish I knew how to help him I ve told him that I can't be with him until he gets help but then he thinks Im with someone else of course. Hes accused me of being with all kids of people basically any malwe on the earth. Its sad I'm not allowed to go around any of my male family because he thinks I would have sexual relations with them even his family is a problem. So holidays and special occasions are something I dread when they come around. He has a very sick mind and I wish I knew how to help him. But my faith is in the lord and I know he will see us through. If not my husband myself and my kids...
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 16, 2012, 04:20 AM
    You need to leave this man. God does not want to see his children abused. And you are teaching your kids this kind of behavior is acceptable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feed up with my husbands friend I want her to get out of my husbands life. [ 9 Answers ]

My husband has go a friend, they have been friends for quit a long time. I am sick of her, you want to konow why? She used to email him email with some strong words, e.g. Hi sweetheart am missing you so much but I can't call you, please at least text me heavly love Lety. How are dear? You are so...

Why did he get nasty? [ 4 Answers ]

Why did he get nasty when I wouldn't keep in touch, he was going back with ex wife.

Debt before marriage? Can they garnish my husbands wages? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I've got a judgement against me. Got paperwork to fill out financial form. I'm a homemaker so there for don't bring they money home. The debt is from 8 years ago, way before my husband was around. I'm reading all the answers you have given to others, but nobody has same answer. I'm willing to...

Good jealousy vs bad jealousy [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all, I just was reading a thread on here regarding a jealous boyfriend... which made me have some of my own thoughts. Let's have a discussion regarding our view points on 'good' vs. 'bad' jealousy.. is there such a thing, or is it all 'bad' or unhealthy? Any opinions? Much appreciated!...

My husbands addiction is ruining our marriage [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has a serious addiction to motorcross. He has opened a track that has put us in debt and my son was seriously injured in a motorcross accident with a brain injury he is recovering from. He is only concerned about when he can ride again. How do I handle this situation

View more questions Search