Can my land lord evict me after he has gone into foreclosure
    Evictions
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2010, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by brad001 View Post
    can my land lord evict me after he has gone into forclosure
    Hello brad:

Sure. One has nothing to do with the other.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 7, 2010, 10:51 AM

If you violate the lease (i.e. stop paying rent) then he certainly can evict you. Until the foreclosure is finalized and the property officially changes hands, he owns the property and has the rights of any property owner.

Once the foreclosure is final, he no longer owns the property and the new owners are who you need to deal with.

As long as he is the owner you have to abide by the lease and pay your rental.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find land lord of the home next to us [ 8 Answers ]

Can someone please give me some ides of where to look for the landlords number to the house next to me, I have tried to look in property appraisers in the county where we live, the name that comes up is not in the phone book, these people that moved in are underage, and there is all kinds of...

My land lord [ 2 Answers ]

M landlord has got a eviction letter on the property in which I'm living with my two kids and partner ,from county court , because he didn't pay his mortgage on time from last 6 months and I'm renting his property, so kindly tell me what I should do ? And where to go? And for more information my...

My land lord wants to end my lease n kik me out [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my land lord told me I have 60 days to leave the house he said I broke the lease Win I did not cut the bushes I live her for 12 years I cut the grass 3 moths a go he went N cut a lot of bushes and trees what out asking me the size he cut is 175ft long by 50 ft wide Now he wants me to cut...

Land lord entry [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I went away for a month and I spent a lot of time worring that the landlord would enter my apartment well I was gone (it happened with a preveous land lord) I was just wondering if she could do that because I was not there for her to give any notice to if she wanted to enter the apartment...

View more questions Search