Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolyna Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 09:40 AM
    My best girlfriend for over 30 years, won't speak to me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 7, 2010, 09:45 AM

I'm here to help you work through this. What happened?

Nov 7, 2010, 10:45 AM
    Thank you! I went through a divorce 5 years ago after 32 years of marriage. My husband took off with his secretary and I was devastated at the time but
    Doing much better now. He was a jerk and I was and idiot for staying with him for so long. Anyway, my best friend for 30+ years told me she did not
    Want to go through this drama with me and that I should stop acting like a victim. I really was stunned by this comment and she said it to me over the
    Phone five years ago. I went through a divorce that she had 15 years ago and subsequent relationships she has had later. I always thought we would
    Just go through life together. We spoke on the phone everyday. I moved away for several years but we still spoke everyday and she came to visit often.
    We actually live in the same town now but she does not respond to my phone messages, nor to a letter I recently sent her trying to patch things up.
    I just can't seem to let go, mainly because I really don't know what I did in the first place. I felt worse about this loss than I did about my marriage
    Breaking up. What do you think?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 7, 2010, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by carolyna View Post
    I went through a divorce 5 years ago after 32 years of marriage. My husband took off with his secretary and I was devastated at the time
    I'm really sorry to hear that. Thirty-two years is a very long time to have invested in a relationship!
    doing much better now
    I'm glad you were able to work through it and pull yourself together again!
    my best friend for 30+ years told me she did not want to go through this drama with me
    I'm guessing it reminded her too much of the drama she went through herself.
    I should stop acting like a victim
    I'm guessing she acted like one, or at least felt like one, during her own divorce.
    I just can't seem to let go, mainly because I really don't know what I did in the first place. I felt worse about this loss than I did about my marriage breaking up.
    You have no closure on your friendship. It makes no sense to you. You gave her your heart when she needed you, and got slapped when you needed her. You gave her everything of yourself, and she gave you nothing. I'd be angry and upset too.
    What do you think?
    Will there ever be a time you will be with her in person, or be in the same room with her?

Nov 7, 2010, 11:14 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Thank you so much-very helpful. I doubt if we every meet in person. She just doesn't respond. She also
    Dropped another friend.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 7, 2010, 11:41 AM

She just doesn't respond. She also dropped another friend.
    That's tells us it's her, not you. She doesn't want to relive her own divorce in someone else's, and it's just too much water going over the bridge for her to want to swim in.

Be proud of yourself for being there for her during her time of trouble and during her bfs afterwards. The day may come when she will finally confess to you what kept her from listening to and supporting you. Just know you are a good friend, and don't let this bad experience keep you from sharing yourself and your generous spirit with others.

Nov 8, 2010, 11:49 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Thank you.
    You have really helped me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend won't speak to me [ 5 Answers ]

I recently met a girl who works in my company and found an instant attraction with her. We kept seeing each other and would flirt constantly. One day I bumped into her in a supermarket and exchanged numbers and agreed to meet up for a drink. We met up for a drink and I thought I would be up...

Me and ex-girlfriend don't speak but we have a son together please help [ 5 Answers ]

Me an girlfriend broke we don't speak but we have a son together.she walked out please help I miss ny son

3 year son doesn't speak completely,speak single and easy words [ 2 Answers ]

3 year old son he speak only fews words like,papa,mummy,bhaiya,didi,dada,mama,nana,nani,doggy etc.he seems to be very slow in learning things as compare to others children's.he has started gng to play school,his teachers say he is improving day by day,but I'm wondering what will gng to happen with...

4 years child still doesn't speak [ 5 Answers ]

I have niece who is 4 years old, and still doesn´t talk. She had also problems with movement when she was younger. She still has problems with motoric functions and soft movements.Also sometimes doesn´t swalow her slobber. But she hears well, understands what is said to her and can do what is...

My son is 2.4 years old and doesn't speak [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, My son is 2.4 years old and still doesn't speak and least, nothing that we can understand. He's bilingual and I was told by some people that being bilingual might cause a certain delay in speech but then other people told me this should not cause any speech delay. Any advice would be...

View more questions Search