Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allen121 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 10:08 PM
    I hate my PC!
    There is a problem with my PC I bought Gta IV yesterday and I started to play but there is a lot of lag in the game.My PC system=NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT,RAM 4GB.Windows 7. Any ideas how to fix?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2010, 12:09 PM
    Is your support free?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Nov 26, 2010, 07:05 PM

How many programs, app, and services do you have running in the background of the game? You have to remember that even though you're on the higher end of RAM and a good Graphical Card, this is shared with everything running on your PC not just your game.

Maybe downgrading the quality of the game is your only shot but play with the settings and find out a happy medium for speed and quality with your system.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2010, 09:05 PM
    Make sure your computer is free of any viruses and spyware. Update and run any scanners you have along with Malwarebytes for anti-spyware. If you don't have anti-virus check out Avira or Avast.

After that, run HijackThis and post the log on here.
    Hello24 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Nov 28, 2010, 02:53 AM
    What sort of CPU you have?
    allen121 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 11:27 AM
    Comment on Hello24's post
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Due CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 11:42 AM

Did you even check your background processes? CPU won't matter because you're well within the requirements for that game.
    Hello24 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Dec 29, 2010, 04:12 PM
    CPU does matter! Because the requirements of this game is:

GTA 4 Minimum System Requirements

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz or equivalent AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
    * Memory/RAM: 1GB for XP and 1.5GB for Vista
    * Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 or 256MB ATI X1900
    * Hard Disk Space: 16GB free
    * Operating System: Windows XP SP3 or Windows Vista SP!

I have GTA 4 too its so lagging as well, allot of people have problems with this game even with the recommended requirements.
    but there is away to solve this watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek6RamLu_WA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boqjdbxfoSs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't hate my job, I hate my co-worker(s) [ 23 Answers ]

Do you ever have a day in the office where everything is going grand until you see that one person that really grinds your gears. Well I have one of those- I make one little mistake and she takes it up with the supervisor immediately when in fact she makes a million or more errors daily. How...

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option.what should I do? [ 14 Answers ]

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option. People near me are OK but are always either scared or are in an licking state. I hate the environment. I can't quit because I hate to learn and what I know is not good enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee tell me what shoul I do! anyone!

Does he hate me? [ 7 Answers ]

This guy and I sort of had a thing not too long ago and then he reandomly stopped talking to me. We sometimes would talk every month or so and then I started dating one of his friends and he talks to him often so we sometimes talk. He was throwing things at me in a class and when I asked why he was...

Does she really hate me? [ 3 Answers ]

So, I like this girl for like two months, and I was making real progress. We hung out allot, and not in the way friends do, she laughed at my lame jokes, I laughed at hers, everything was great. Then, on a Friday, we plan on going to the movies along with some friends. 2 hours later, she calls...

View more questions Search