Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Mar 16, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by applebeee
    thank you, gr8stuff. Have you ordered from anyone on here yet? Did you get it?
    No applebeee, I've decided not to use mono cause I'm too scared of side-effects. I want to try arbutin but not before I've done enough research on it.
    Brown skin Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 03:55 PM
    applebeee,sashimi,muna,mellowkat and SunshineNY, I’m in the same boat as all of you because I’m desperately trying to bleach my skin to my ultimate desire but I don’t want this to turn out as mistake. SO GIRLS, I have been seriously thinking and doing research (HOMEWORK) on monobenzone V.S arbutin or(alpha arbutin). From my understanding they are both de-pigmenters but if a mistake suddenly happen, mono is a lot harder to reverse back to normal than arbutin. BELIEVE ME GUYS I WANT THIS DEAM TO BECOME TRUE JUST AS MUCH AS YOU but I welling to wait and do more research on the strongest drug (mono) BUT I am welling to try the second most powerful (arbutin).
    GIRLS tell me if you agree,disagree,or just give advice, I will not get mad for any reason

Mar 16, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8stuff
    No applebeee, I've decided not to use mono cause I'm too scared of side-effects. I want to try arbutin but not before I've done enough research on it.
    Hi, you must have been reading my minddddddddd!! :eek:
    I am all for arbutin or alpha-arbutin after doing some reseach
    Get back i want to talk more about this
    applebeee Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2008, 08:37 PM

Ok, I hear you. Good luck to you.

Be safe

Mar 18, 2008, 12:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown skin
    hi, YOU MUST HAVE BEEN READING MY MINDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
    I AM ALL FOR ARBUTIN OR ALPHA-ARBUTIN AFTER DOING SOME RESEACH
    GET BACK I WANT TO TALK MORE ABOUT THIS
    Yeah Brown skin, it seems we are on the same wave-length, lol;)

For what I've gathered about Alpha-arbutin, it doesn't depig like mono, but it does lighten considerably. The stuff is patented and quite safe (unless you abuse it by using highly concentrated formula). And you can tan normally if you so wish unlike mono. Research have been done about it both in vivo and in vitro(on human beings).

I'll be trying it as soon as I can find a source for the powder and mix my own cause I want to start on low %.

Mar 18, 2008, 02:00 PM
    Yeah Brown skin, it seems we are on the same wave-length, lol;)

For what I've gathered about Alpha-arbutin, it doesn't depig like mono, but it does lighten considerably. The stuff is patented and quite safe (unless you abuse it by using highly concentrated formula). And you can tan normally if you so wish unlike mono. Research have been done about it both in vivo and in vitro(on human beings).

I'll be trying it as soon as I can find a source for the powder and mix my own cause I want to start on low %.
    I agree, it is a little more safer then mono and it also produces the same results as mono. I will give mono a try MAYBE after I reseach it in medical school. Mono to me sounds very risky at this point. BUT if you do decide to use mono PLEASE make it 1% percent:rolleyes:
    Anyway, I find the page were you can look up companies in the US and in other placesfor arbutin and other chemicals.
    CHECK IT OUT, put the name of the chemical in the search engine and then it will bring up all the companies that sale them, even ANIL is on there ChemBuyersGuide.com - Search
    PM me if you wish and tell me how you are going to mix your Alpha-arbutin
    Which one do you think is better Alpha-arbutin or arbutin?
    It is perferd that you start at 2% with arbutin but I'm willing to give 5% a try, how about you?
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Mar 18, 2008, 02:13 PM
    This Alpha-arbutin sound great, and it dissolve in water, right?

Mar 18, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Brown skin, I have no intention of putting mono on my skin even if someone pay me to do so... lol:p

Thanks for the link Brown skin; it seems most of them are from china. Anyway, I think I found one online. Contacted them already.

I'll try Alpha-arbutin as it is 10 times more powerful in skin lightening than arbutin or beta arbutin. I intend to try it at 2% initially and increase it gradually if I need to but I won't be going over 10% very soon if at all. I'll try to test it for a week or so on my big toe (which got some black marks from a stupid sandal I wore during summer some 2 years ago:mad: )by mixing it with distilled water only. If it works well with no skin irritation, then I'll formulate my own cream, lotion or serum by mixing it with Emulsifiers, emollient, antioxidant etc.

I'll post here all my recipes and sources for raw materials etc if it does work really well.;)

muna, yes AA dissolves in water.

Mar 18, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by muna
    This Alpha-arbutin sound great, and it dissolve in water, right?
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS it does dissolve in water
    I'm surprise you did not know about this, or did you.
    Did you ever think it was better then mono:D

Mar 18, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Brown skin, I have no intention of putting mono on my skin even if someone pay me to do so...lol:p

Thanks for the link Brown skin; it seems most of them are from china. Anyway, I think I found one online. Contacted them already.

I'll try Alpha-arbutin as it is 10 times more powerful in skin lightening than arbutin or beta arbutin. I intend to try it at 2% initially and increase it gradually if I need to but I won't be going over 10% very soon if at all. I'll try to test it for a week or so on my big toe (which got some black marks from a stupid sandal I wore during summer some 2 years ago:mad: )by mixing it with distilled water only. If it works well with no skin irritation, then I'll formulate my own cream, lotion or serum by mixing it with Emulsifiers, emollient, antioxidant etc.

I'll post here all my recipes and sources for raw materials etc if it does work really well.;)

muna, yes AA dissolves in water.
    What company did you write too?? someone in the US
    Correct me if I'm wrong but you are starting with 2% BECAUSE you are already medium light right
    Ooooo that was funny when you said you are going to start youring testing with your big toe.:D
    Anyway you mean to tell me that arbutin is weaker then alpha arbutin, I don't know about that!! :confused:
    You mean to tell me that you are only going to use alpha-arbutin and water, I wounder how well it will rub on the skin without lotion. What do you think get back:cool:

Mar 18, 2008, 08:55 PM
    I wrote to Somerset to ask them about the % concentration. Garden of wisdom sell 99% AA.

And yeah AA is 10x stronger than arbutin. If you check most of the links posted on AA in this thread, they all state the same.

Yeah, I'm medium light but with uneven-skin tone, so I think 2% should be enough to even-out my skin.

I intend to mix it with distilled water for the initial test on the toe; to have an idea of how well it works without anything else. But of course, I'll mix with cream and lotion to apply on my face or body.

Mar 18, 2008, 09:17 PM
    I wrote to Somerset to ask them about the % concentration. Garden of wisdom sell 99% AA.

And yeah AA is 10x stronger than arbutin. If you check most of the links posted on AA in this thread, they all state the same.

Yeah, I'm medium light but with uneven-skin tone, so I think 2% should be enough to even-out my skin.

I intend to mix it with distilled water for the initial test on the toe; to have an idea of how well it works without anything else. But of course, I'll mix with cream and lotion to apply on my face or body.
    I think I have to do more reseach because I thought alpha-arbutin being 10x stronger than beta-arbutin. I didn't read about it being 10x stronger than regular arbutin.:confused:
    Get back to me on this
    which company do you think is more trust wrothy?;)

Mar 18, 2008, 09:44 PM
    Brown skin, Beta arbutin is usually referred to as only arbutin. So beta and regular is the same.;)

I really don't know which of these companies are more trust-worthy as I've never dealt with them before. But I'm feeling more inclined towards Somerset cause they have the "Material Safety Data Sheet" (MSDS) on the site which make me feel that they are more legitimate. They also have a forum where the site owner usually answers questions. I've just received a reply from them and they say that their AA is >97%. So now, I don't know if I should order from them or Garden of wisdom whose AA is 99.5% and about the same price.. :confused:

Mar 20, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Brown skin, Beta arbutin is usually referred to as only arbutin. So beta and regular is the same.;)

I really don't know which of these companies are more trust-worthy as I've never dealt with them before. But I'm feeling more inclined towards Somerset cause they have the "Material Safety Data Sheet" (MSDS) on the site which make me feel that they are more legitimate. They also have a forum where the site owner usually answers questions. I've just received a reply from them and they say that their AA is >97%. So now, I dunno if I should order from them or Garden of wisdom whose AA is 99.5% and about the same price..:confused:
    I'm tryying to write you back but I have a virus on my computer, once I get it fix, I can enlighten you on all the information my organic chemistry professor told me about mono vs. alpha-arbutin and the companys that sales them

Mar 20, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Thanks Brown Skin, looking forward to it.;)
    jojo9090 Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 06:26 AM
    Anyone using mono, howz it going?

Mar 22, 2008, 07:55 PM
    Thanks Brown Skin, looking forward to it.;)
    HEEEEEEEEEEY
    Sorry for getting back so late:(
    My Organic Chemistry professor told me Brief information on MONOBENZONE VS. ALPHA_ARBUTIN
    O.K now MONO is very threatening to the health specially when using it in high percentages(ex. 5%, 10%, 15%, 20% etc….:mad: ) because it structural molecule substances are very hydrophobic (nonpolar). Mono’s chemical structure has one to many benzene rings a and phenol groups technically speaking.mono nonpolar molecules can interfere and be mistakenly read as one of your DNA bases (nucleotides) which will disrupt the sequences of its cycle and will definitely create cancer.:eek: NOW REMEMBER :rolleyes: – the higher the percentage of mono, the more hydrophobic the molecule is which make it more easier to enter the cells and disrupt your DNA sequence
    HOWEVER ALPHA-ARBUTIN is similar to MONO because it depigs but it does not do as much damage as mono:D . ALPHA-ARBUTIN molecule structure is more hydrophilic because the molecules has hydroxyl groups on the benzene rings and which makes it very unlikely to enter the cell because the molecule is polar. THIS CHEMICAL CAN BE A LITTLE RISKY TOO BUT NOT AS MUCH.
    I THINK YOU WILL STILL GET THE RESUTLS YOU WANT
    OOOOOOOO I have 2 chemical companies my professor is familiar with in the USA, so I will PM you them later
    TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. YOU TOO MELLOWKAT

Mar 22, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Thanks Brown skin. Looking forward to the PM.;)

Do you know what kind of risk is associated with AA? I think the lower the %, the less risk with any substance although, I haven't read about any side-effects with AA...

And you said AA depig like mono, does that mean there's the risk of getting totally white (as MJ) in high %? :eek:
    SHAHRAZAD Posts: 32, Reputation: 2
    -

Mar 22, 2008, 11:33 PM
    Hi brown skin, so what your professor said about using mono on healthy skin? What about the concentration, I did not understand, do we have to use high or low percentage? When he said damage that means is it in terms of blotchiness , AB won't cause that?

Quote Originally Posted by Brown skin
    HEEEEEEEEEEY
    Sorry for getting back so late:(
    my Organic Chemistry professor told me Brief information on MONOBENZONE VS. ALPHA_ARBUTIN
    O.K now MONO is very threatening to the health specially when using it in high percentages(ex. 5%, 10%, 15%, 20% etc….:mad: ) because it structural molecule substances are very hydrophobic (nonpolar). Mono's chemical structure has one to many benzene rings a and phenol groups technically speaking.mono nonpolar molecules can interfere and be mistakenly read as one of your DNA bases (nucleotides) which will disrupt the sequences of its cycle and will definitely create cancer.:eek: NOW REMEMBER :rolleyes: – the higher the percentage of mono, the more hydrophobic the molecule is which make it more easier to enter the cells and disrupt your DNA sequence
    HOWEVER ALPHA-ARBUTIN is similar to MONO because it depigs but it does not do as much damage as mono:D . ALPHA-ARBUTIN molecule structure is more hydrophilic because the molecules has hydroxyl groups on the benzene rings and which makes it very unlikely to enter the cell because the molecule is polar. THIS CHEMICAL CAN BE A LITTLE RISKY TOO BUT NOT AS MUCH.
    I THINK YOU WILL STILL GET THE RESUTLS YOU WANT
    OOOOOOOO I have 2 chemical companies my professor is familiar with in the USA, so I will PM you them later
    TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. YOU TOO MELLOWKAT
    jojo9090 Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 04:49 AM
    Doctors prescribe mono for people with vitiligo, are you sure about it causing cancer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get monobenzone or benoquin if I don't have vitiligo? [ 171 Answers ]

Is there ANY way? I totally understand the capacity of this drug and how you will NEVER get pigment back but this is what I want. I am pretty pale anyway so I don't think ill get the "white streaks" that they warn about. How can I get any of these brands if I don't have vitiligo and can't get a...

View more questions Search