Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brown skin Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_D
    Oh please, men typically favor lighter women (whether some of them will admit it or not).

In every single culture, the man is dark while the woman is light. Of course there are exceptions, but this is ideal in every culture.

I'm not saying dark isn't or can't be beautiful, because it is...but let's face it, the majority of people don't think that (particularly in the case of women)--and the world does not run that way. Having light skin IS an advantage--romantically, socially, politically, and financially--whether you want to admit it or not. You can be in denial all you want to. But that's just reality.

Are there beautiful dark people? Of COURSE! Are there successful dark people? Of COURSE! But let's be realistic here--these people who are dark and admired and successful in life are totally outnumbered by those who are not dark.

It's perfectly OK when a pasty white person wants a tan to be olive-colored, but when someone wants to be LIGHTER, everyone just freaks out. What a double standard. That needs to change.
    I agree 100%
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Apr 2, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheralcrow
    I am 5'4, 103 pds...
    I have a cramel/dark golden skin color...
    I am half african american and native indian.
    I am from st.louis mo.

and I do absolutely love my self, however I AM GOING TO LOVE MY SELF, THAT MUCH MORE WITH A LIGHTER COMPLEXION(BIG SMILE)!!!
    St Louis? I lived in Kansas City for 3 years and never experienced descrimination for my skin tone. I though you said you lived in the south?

That's fine, lighten your complextion, I have no problem with that. I am just saying don't feel inferior to light skinned people. Men like pretty girls with nice bodies no matter what complextion they are. So if someone is ugly and they don't have a nice body, getting lighter skin is not going to help you get more men.
    I am Kim porter's complexion originally but my face is darker from sun exposure so I am trying to lighten back to the cinimon complexion of my body. I love my original complexion.
    Attached Images

sheralcrow Posts: 8, Reputation: 1
    -

Apr 2, 2008, 05:06 PM
    ST.LOUIS, is considered the south...

And I think you are lying about all the attention you are getting.. or maybe you are?
    Ecspecially in Kansas city..?
    You must be , like super beautiful, and black...
    Because I am attractive, however down here, like I said they are hella racist/discrimatory, ecspecially the black men.
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Apr 2, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Sheral crow you scammed me didn't you!

Why isn't Mr. Chatman or "Moneshia" or whatever answering their emails!

I think you are both of them and you SCAMMED ME!
    -

Apr 2, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Vicy-d..
    I did not scam you..
    What are you talking about the same??
    You need to be more patient...
    I have a p.m for you, go check!
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Apr 2, 2008, 05:28 PM
    OK I'm sorry I just totally freaked out!

I mean that's a lot of money though... so of course I'm gong to freak out!!

If you're truthful I'm so sorry! I just don't really trust stuff online but this time I decided to...
    -

Apr 2, 2008, 05:33 PM
    It is okay..

I did the same thing when I thought that anil was not returning my mail..

We won't that light skin girl..
    Don't worry, you will have yours soon..
    I swear on my soul..
    He is a good, good man.. well thus far... he has not scammed me.

Check your p.m
    -

Apr 2, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Hey, guys!!
    So again, I just got out of the shower, and applied my cream again..
    Still below the knees, still no rash!
    I am really hopeing to begin applying the mono to my upper part, within a week or 2.

I just am being deligent, and patient with this lower half, first..

I want things to go really, well and I can't wait to be close to totally done..
    No matter how long it takes!

Okay, I will talk to you guys later!
    gneiss Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Hey SassyT

I definitely agree with you. I am a dark skin female. But I get a lot of attention and mostly by fair skin men. White men and hispanic men. And all men do NOT favor light skin women. Maybe a large majority of black men. I am too trying to slightly lighten my face(safely) because my body is verrry fair skin but my face is dark like kim porters/naomi campbell. I don't want to be light skin because I do like the attention from men from other ethnicity.

Sheralcrow you mentioned about most of prejudice/color issue mostly comes from black men. And you are right. I agree with you about that. This has always been an issue from the beginning of time. But it is something that they feel insecure about inside of themselves.

It may sound cliché that "you guys need to love yourself"(not saying to stop lightening) is because no matter what you do to yourself, you will always find something else to dislike about you. That's why it always begins with loving you first.

Apr 3, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gneiss
    Hey SassyT

I definitly agree with you. I am a dark skin female. But I get a lot of attention and mostly by fair skin men. White men and hispanic men. And all men do NOT favor light skin women. Maybe a large majority of black men. I am too trying to slightly lighten my face(safely) because my body is verrry fair skin but my face is dark like kim porters/naomi campbell. I don't want to be light skin because I do like the attention from men from other ethnicity.

Sheralcrow you mentioned about most of prejudice/color issue mostly comes from black men. And you are right. I agree with you about that. This has always been an issue from the beginning of time. But it is something that they feel insecure about inside of themselves.

It may sound cliche that "you guys need to love yourself"(not saying to stop lightening) is because no matter what you do to yourself, you will always find something else to dislike about you. Thats why it always begins with loving you first.
    Finally! Someone who agrees with me! You are right, it is mostly dark skinned black men who like light skinned women. Most of the Black men I get attention from are light skinned. I think dark men who descriminate against dark women just have a complex about their own appearance and some times it is just a preference. Just like some men like women who are thick and curvey and some men like women who are slim and slender. So what?

So my advice to sheralcrow is open your eyes and stop limiting your male options to the few ignorant black men in your community. I am no lying when I tell you how much I can't get men to stop hitting on me and Gnies just agreed she has the same experience. My Husband even hates going to the club with me because guys(all races) just hit on me and they don't care that my husband is right next to me.. lol

Apr 3, 2008, 08:15 AM
    gneiss, what are you using to lighten your face?

Apr 3, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Hey Sassy T

I am using Makari Night crème. I also exfoliate with vitamin C face polisher and olay glycolic acid+ amino crytals polisher twice a day. I use a 10 %glycolic toner and 5% face wash. (I just started using the glycolic toner and face wash for one week) I am still looking into the peels which I will be getting. I have lightened one shade(probably 1 1/2).

Apr 3, 2008, 08:31 AM
    I believe it will be a long process before I can ultimately achieve my 2.5 or just 2 shades but I am okay with it. I am willing to wait and not mess up my beauty. Anything that has value will not be easy and will take time.

Apr 3, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Sassy T, what are you using at the moment?

Apr 3, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheralcrow
    ST.LOUIS, is considered the south...

And I think you are lieing about all the attention you are getting..or maybe you are?
    ecspecially in kansas city...??????
    You must be , like super beautiful, and black...
    because I am attractive, however down here, like I said they are hella racist/discrimatory, ecspecially the black men.
    St louis is the mid west not the south.

Yes I did live in Kansas city and like I said I never experienced descrimination because of my skin tone. Yes I am attractive and people do say I am beautiful but again I don't hang out with the ignorant gheto crowd so I am sure that makes a difference.

Even if a black guy doesn't find me attractive because I am dark, I couldn't care less because 1. chances are I don't find him attractive either and 2. I know that there are billion of other men out there who find me attractive. So just because I a handful of men don't like my skin tone, does not mean I am going to lose myself confidence and feel inferior.
    So Sheralcrow, if you are going to lighten your skin do it for the right reason, don't do it to please a bunch of ignorant black men when there are plenty of other options.

P.S
    I have a gal who does my hair who is Sudanes so she is blue BLACK and her boyfriend is a super cute latin guy. So if she can get a man you have no excuse.

Apr 3, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Sassy T, what are you using at the moment?
    I am using Diana Stalder whitening cream and the kojic papaya soap. It is also just lighten me one shade and I have been using it for almost 3 months. But my skin is smooth and clear. I am also not in a rush to lighten because I want to do it right. I want to lighten 3 shades on my face to match my body. I was thinking of trying this product below. It is very potent because it has about 4 lightening agents and it has all natural ingredients.

Peter Thomas Roth Potent Botanical Skin Brightening Gel Complex at DermStore

Apr 3, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Hey SassyT

I am definitely inclined to try diana stadler.

Anyway, the peter thomas roth potent looks interesting. I saw it before. I am not to sure if it has enough stuff to lighten. But you won't know unless you try.

I am going to try to get a referell from my doc so that I can go to the dermatologist. Because some insurance would pay for some peels.

Apr 3, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Hey SassyT

I am definitly inclined to try diana stadler.

Anyways, the peter thomas roth potent looks interesting. i saw it before. I am not to sure if it has enough stuff to lighten. But you won't know unless you try.

I am gonna try to get a referell from my doc so that i can go to the dermatologist. Because some insurance would pay for some peels.
    Let me know how the peel goes because I have thought of getting one.

The Peter Roth has a lot of stuff to lighten. DS only has Kojic acid and licorice while PTR has Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Bearberry Extract, Mulberry Extract, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin c) which are all lightening agents. Most products only have 2 active ingr. this one has 5! So it is very potent. I will let you know how it goes when start using it.

Apr 4, 2008, 06:31 AM
    Hey Sassy T

One peel does nothing. I have to do four-six peels to see the difference. So by the beginning of May I should see some results.

Apr 4, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Hey Sassy T

One peel does nothing. I have to do four-six peels to see the difference. So by the beginning of May I should see some results.
    Oh so you have already done your first peel?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get monobenzone or benoquin if I don't have vitiligo? [ 171 Answers ]

Is there ANY way? I totally understand the capacity of this drug and how you will NEVER get pigment back but this is what I want. I am pretty pale anyway so I don't think ill get the "white streaks" that they warn about. How can I get any of these brands if I don't have vitiligo and can't get a...

View more questions Search