Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    _Newlys_Girl_ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 07:56 PM
    How Can I Prove I Love Him
    Okay I know I am only 16 but me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 6 months and I KNOW ITS LOVE! Its just we have been having a lot of difficulties. I kind of lied to him 2 time but they were over very little things and now he doesn't think I love him. And that I don't care for him. We almost broke up today *tears* this is tooo much pain to have to bare. I can't do it. PLEASE HELP! He wants me to prove I love him but how do I prove to him I love him?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 6, 2010, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by _Newlys_Girl_ View Post
    Okay i know i am only 16 but me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 6 months and I KNOW ITS LOVE! its just we have been having a lot of difficulties. i kinda lied to him 2 time but they were over very little things and now he doesnt think i love him. and that i dont care for him. we almost broke up today *tears* this is tooo much pain to have to bare. i can't do it. PLEASE HELP! he wants me to prove i love him but how do i prove to him i love him?
    May I ask, what did you lie to him about?

The lies may seem little to you, but may not to him..
    _Newlys_Girl_ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 09:33 PM
    Comment on Enigma1999's post

Well the first time I only lied to him about having permission by my dad to go to his house. I lied to him and my dad both that night :(( and well the second one really wasn't a lie.

He found an old drawing of mine that had a guys name on it. And he flipped out saying I didn't know you dated nate. And well I guess some of the things I said about nate were stuff I started saying to my boyfriend and now he doesn't know if what we have is real anymore. And he feels like I'm hiding things from him and he feels like maybe I don't love and care for him and that I never did.

So he told me that he wants me to prove my love for him. But I don't know how to? What do I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 7, 2010, 06:50 AM

He may be mad, and for good reason, on the first lie, but he is also playing on your guilt, because what happened with other boyfriends is none of his business. If it bothered him then there are better ways to talk to someone than the way he is going about it.

A guy who cares would not have to humiliate you, or force you to do anything but be straight with him in the future, because as you said you lied to be with him (still wrong to lie to dad about it), so you already have proved you care, and if he can't at least give a break, and talk like he has some understanding, then why should you have to jump through hoops, because he is mad. He has flipped things on you now for even small stuff that has happened, before he came intro the picture, and its you who should be wondering if he is real, or not.

Talk and resolve this, or leave him alone, until he gets over himself, but making you do stuff to prove you care, is not real love is it?? Be careful with this guy, and just ask him what he expects of you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 7, 2010, 08:09 AM

It is not love, it is trust that you have lost. And there is only one way ( if he will even give you a chance now) stop lying, and prove you will be truthful over the next months and years.

Often if we lie, people will not want to keep giving chances, so often it is too little too late.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 7, 2010, 08:23 AM

Another funny thing about love is you never "have to prove it". It just happens. It might be the way you look at the other or it might be the tone in your voice. Its not about "proving" anything. You be there and that's all there is to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I prove to him I'm only w/him and that I DO love him [ 10 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for in all 14years. We've lived together in a studio for the last 3yrs. It seems like every time I turn around we argue. We never argued. People would see us on the street and try to understand our relationship thinking we're just friends but we were so happy in love...

I Love Him. But How Can I Prove It? [ 7 Answers ]

OK I Love My Boyfriend To Pieces! And He Loves Me.. But My ex has said to me that he wants me back (by text) and my boyfriend saw my text and he thinks that I don't love him and that he is going to loose me! But I don't want anything to do with my ex! I have told my boyfriend this 100 times and he...

How Do I prove my boyfriend that I do love him [ 4 Answers ]

How do I prove to my boyfriend that I really love HIM?

How do I prove I love him [ 4 Answers ]

OK I want to know how to prove to my boyfriend that I love him. I made a very big mistake and I want him back sooo bad please help!!

How can I prove it to him that I love him [ 5 Answers ]

Well its been a long time to me and my guy and its not like regular relationships

View more questions Search