Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    narrau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 05:45 PM
    Dripping noise inpart of the house only in early morning
    We get occasional dripping noises yet we do not think it is water related. When it starts it starts at about 4.30am or 5 and stops at about 7.30/8 am. It is irritating enough so that u cannot get back to sleep. Then it may not come back for 1/2 a year or a year? I have checked for water leaks, checked for broken or misplaced tiles and found nothing. It is only in one part of the house(next to the bedroom!) we have thought of termites, birds,roofventilator but have not come up with any solutions. If anyone knows what causes it PLEASE, please reply.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 7, 2010, 05:44 AM

Could this be a popping or tapping sound? Does the temperature affect it in any way? What room is next to your bedroom? Back to you, Tom
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2010, 06:24 PM
    Check to see if the noise is from the downspout. During the evening the dew settles on the roof and then slowly runs into the gutter and down the spout. Timing is about right too. I have a corner downspout that makes the same noise.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 12, 2010, 06:28 AM

Ma064,
    Thanks for coming up with a nova solution. Hadn't thought about about looking outside the house. Good catch! Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I heard the echoey sound of water dripping when I was in bed this morning. [ 3 Answers ]

Someone was having a shower in the bathroom in the top floor loft conversion. There are a few brown stains on my bedroom ceiling but they were scattered about and I don't know if they're old stains from years back when there was a big flood into my room. The dripping sounded like a dripping tap,...

Early morning/afternoon Nature show in the early-mid 90s. [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! Ive been trying to remember the name of this nature show I used to watch on TV as a kid. It was really low-tech and basically had one guy in it. I remember watching it in the early 90's, maybe on Nickelodeon, PBS, or some other children's programming station, but the filming style is...

Dripping noise [ 2 Answers ]

I have a dripping noise coming from the upstairs bathroom, that I hear in the ceiling of the room below. It drips all the time. Sometimes fast, sometimes slower(3 seconds/per drip). There is water on and around the ceiling. It can not be hot/cold water pipe leakage. Otherwise, I could hear the...

Dripping noise [ 8 Answers ]

How to fix the dripping noise in the toilet tank?

Dripping Noise... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi: We have 2 story house and when we start the taps in the sink or in the shower on 2nd floor it makes either dripping or some kind of beat noise comes on the 1st floor. It doesn't leak or anything but sometimes it makes lot of noise as if something is dripping constantly until the tap or...

View more questions Search