Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bieber27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 01:11 PM
    Decided to break with the life of a kept woman <-- what does that mean?
    I'm doing a book report and that was in the book.
    And also what does this mean... byzamtine opulence.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 6, 2010, 01:16 PM

Byzantium was a very rich greek city founded by greek colonists in the time around 700 BCE; therefore byzantine opulence.

A kept woman would have been a concubine, one of a sort of harem, kept in luxury.

Why don't you just read the whole book and look up what you don't know on Google. If you look it up yourself, your rentention of the subject will be better

Could you have been more resourceful instead of using the name 'bieber' for your screen name ?

Tick
    bieber27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 01:33 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Thank you(:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Typical woman break up, and still wants to be friends. [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 2 1/2 years comes out of the blue and says she needs a break, to figure out how she feels, and that there were some things wrong with our seemingly great relationship. Of course I figure this means its over and she's letting me down easy. She lived 6 hours away at the time so...

Woman Troubles + Life Issues [ 3 Answers ]

So I normally don't do all this but I'm just spent, both emotionally and physically. To begin my rant you have to go back almost 2 year, where I went with my ex to the Dominican republic, were we had a magical 7 nights for her friends wedding. Get back to the states only to break up 2 weeks...

We decided to "take a break" [ 7 Answers ]

I started going out with this girl a little over two months ago. We have a lot in common, we make each other laugh, and we always seem to have fun together. The only difference is that she goes to a lot of parties, and I generally do not. (We are both 17). This was never really a problem until...

We've been through so much and his mom is still the most important woman in his life. [ 10 Answers ]

Ill start by giving a brief history about my boyfriend and I. We met 2 years ago when I was dating his best friend and he was with a good friend of mine. We weren't the best of friends at the time, but we did spend quite a bit of time together, every party, of outing, prom. I saw him as much as...

39 YO Married Woman Seeking Life Fullfillment [ 4 Answers ]

I am an average 39 yo white female, married for 16 years to a man that is my perfect "other half". No children, by choice, but do consider our four dogs part of our family. I share a lovely home and an amazing relationship with my husband but also have a sense of emptiness. I recently left my job...

View more questions Search