Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tunnisha2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Preparing A Balnce Sheet
    My Total Assets Account Balance Doesn't Equal My Total Liabiliteis And Owners Equity.
    dxviii Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Jan 4, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnisha2007
    My Total Assets Account Balance Doesn't Equal My Total Liabiliteis And Owners Equity.
    Does your Trial balance pan out?
    kellybartch1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Someone is the manager of a medium size company. A few years ago, the manager persuaded the owner to base a part of her compensation on the net income the company earns each year. Each December she estimates year-end financial figures in anticipation of the bonus she will receive. If the bonus is not as high as she would like, she offers several recommendations to the accountant for the year-end adjustments. One of her favorite recommendations is for the controller to reduce the estimate of doubtful accounts. What effects does lowering the estimate for doubtful accounts have on the income statement and balance sheet?
    sajalarora Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2007, 03:36 AM
    Preparing a balance sheet one needs to have the following basics

1. pass the journal entry
    2. post the entires into the ledgers
    3 . Take the brought forward balances to the trial balnce
    4 . Finally prepare the fnal a/cs.
    5. items listing in trial balance is either posted to income staement or taken to balance sheet.
    6. however if any entry is missed then such adjustments have to be taken into accounts and finally the balnce sheet does go to be equal.

You might have missed some entries.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preparing Journal Entries [ 3 Answers ]

Prepare the journal entries on December 31, 2002, May 11, 2003, and June 12, 2003. Presented below are two independent situations. (a) On March 3, Lisa Ceja Appliances sells $700,000 of its receivables to Horatio Factors Inc. Horatio Factors assesses a finance charge of 3% of the amount of...

Help in Preparing 1040 with W7 [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Tax Expert, Am in H1 Visa,with my wife and child in H4 visa.They both do not have SSN or ITIN.So I need to apply W7 for them.Since they both are depandant on me,I want to add them as dependent while preparing 1040. But my problem is I could not prepare a tax return using any of the tax...

Preparing for a particular school [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking into finishing getting my bachelor degree and plan to attend graduate school when I am through. I have my eyes set on a few schools in particular. How do you recommend finding out what I need to do now to prepare for applying to these schools (asside from GPA, etc.)

Preparing lawn before seeding [ 1 Answers ]

We live in upstate NY and we need help with planting a lawn. We have clay soil with small rocks and need to know how many inches of top soil is recommended to plant grass and also what kind of seed is best. Thanks! :)

Preparing to leave relationship without damage [ 3 Answers ]

How do you prepare yourself, so that you can walk out of a relationship without taking too much damage. We are talking methods!

View more questions Search