Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    journlyn Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 09:49 AM
    Can we get out of a lease with out penalty with a FAA move?
    My husband works for the FAA. We are being transferred to another state. It is a voluntary move but we don't get to pick when we leave. We made our management company aware 6 months early that we would be leaving 2 month prior to the end of our lease. We were told by my husbands job that in this case a letter from the FAA should do the trick and they would most likely wave the penalty. Well that did not work for us. It worked for everyone else but our company is a large company and they are not budging. At this point the only thing I can think to do is to negotiate the penalty for the broken lease? They are asking for 2.5 months rent which is the remainder of the lease. That is what they would charge even if we broke our lease 11 months early. We really can't afford to pay them over 2,000. We would like to negotiate and see if they would except half or if we can just forfeit our security. Do you think they would negotiate with us. Please let me know what our options are at this point. Thank you!

Check out some similar questions!

Can we negotiate a broken lease with a FAA move? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband works for the FAA. We are being transferred to another state. It is a voluntary move but we don't get to pick when we leave. We made our management company aware 6 months early that we would be leaving 2 month prior to the end of our lease. We were told by my husbands job that in this...

Is it a breach of lease if landlord can't move you in on move in date? [ 5 Answers ]

I signed a lease to move in on July 1st, and today, June 27th, he calls me and tells me I won't be able to move in until at least July 4th. I have already paid him the deposit, and can't stay at my current place past the first without paying an additional months rent. I also have items I purchased...

Lease Break Penalty in Indiana [ 1 Answers ]

I had a 6 month apartment lease in Indiana in 2005. The lease ended in November and they kept me on a month to month lease. I got a job transfer notice on February 1(paid the full month of February) and left on Feb 10. They rerented the apartment on March 3. I sent them $125.00 for the 3 days of...

Early termination of lease penalty [ 2 Answers ]

I have to re-up my lease no later than tomorrow. The early termination penalty for breaking the lease is 2 months.' rent less deposit. I read that there is an "opt out" of early termination penalties. Can someone please help me out today? I'm running out of time. Thanks

Ending a lease without penalty [ 4 Answers ]

Hopefully, someone can help me with my dilemma! I moved into an apartment complex a little more than a year ago. About 6 months into my 13 month lease, the person above me got a new dog. I heard the dog playing, running and banging throughout the apartment at all hours of the night and...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.