Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherryhot2300 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 04:26 AM
    Relationships
    I met a guy a week ago and he already has such intense feelings for me,I am going with the flow but I am not sure what I feel,and it scares me because no one ever liked me this much this fast before. What should I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 6, 2010, 11:10 AM

Pay better attention while you are going with the flow. Make sure of what your doing, to make sure its worth it, or just a con job.
    littlesexy58423 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2010, 12:53 PM
    You need to sit down and have talk with him about you guys and tell him how you feel and if you really do like him then tell him, but also tell him that its scaring you how much he likes you because you have never had that before and in order to be sure you want things to go slower ! Best of Luck
    miaaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 02:29 AM
    Be patient

Nov 20, 2010, 09:18 AM
    Is it OK to like someone because he like you very much?
    This guy likes me so much, and when I search myself I start to second guess if I really like him romantically or if I just like him because he likes me a lot. One thing is for sure, I like his personality, and I am not playing games with him or anything like that. He seems to be a really nice guy and I definitely want to give it a try. But I don't know if I should be feeling guilty that I am not yet at that level which he is for me.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 20, 2010, 09:22 AM

If you are not feeling for him what he feels for you, no need to feel guilty.
    You don't have to like someone just because they like you.
    If you only want to be friends then tell him.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2010, 10:57 AM

According to another post, you only met him about 3 weeks ago. You are still getting to know him, and that takes time. Do it at your own pace. Don't go faster than you feel comfortable with because you know he likes you and you want to make him happy. Be honest about it. Feelings may develop over time, but if they don't there is nothing to feel bad or guilty about.

Nov 21, 2010, 05:48 AM
    Thanks a lot... I feel so much better.

Nov 29, 2010, 02:06 AM
    I just can't wrap my head around this one.
    This seemingly amazing guy I met in italy about a month ago wasn't at all what I tot him to be, my instints were very right. We chatted everyday on skype for hours and he told me how much he wanted to see me and hold me and kiss my and all that crap. He called me for long hours every single day all the way from italy and left me text messages, saying all the amazing things in the world. He said stuff like he was definitely falling for me, and that he would love me to have hi kids and that he would love to spend the rest of his life with me. Of course naturally I got a bit scared because he doesn't even know me and I started to question if this guy was for real or if he was some kind of freak. Finally I went to prague and the first day was OK but as the days went by he just totally disconected, almost like some switch when off in his brain, I tried to make converstion and talk to him but he said he doesn't like to talk when he has nothing to say, we had a lot and I mean a lot of akward moments and I just couldn't stand it. I just couldn't understand how someone who was perfect the day I met him and someone who claimed I meant so much to him could just change in a second. He barely even made love to me, he barely touched me or kissed me and when I tried its kind of like he just ignored me, he told me nothing about himself, he was just completely lost. I even tried talking to him about it but he said he was fine. So on the last night he told me he is so sorry that we didn't connect and that that something wasn't there and that it wasn't my fault, and bull****... I feel so bad, I am such an attractive girl but now I feel like crap please someone explain to me what happened.
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Nov 29, 2010, 02:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryhot2300 View Post
    my instints were very right.....please someone explain to me what happened.
    You didn't listen to your instincts and talk is cheap.

Next time trust your instincts. Why on earth would you even meet him? How did you know that he wasn't some looney serial killer?
    (No offence intended to loony serial killers)

Nov 29, 2010, 02:54 AM
    Comment on kaka67's post
    I had met him in italy and we spent some time together, I just knew he wasn't going to hurt me or anything like that I just wanted to give him a chance and I was actaully getting to like him... and yeah talk is cheap
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Nov 29, 2010, 08:31 AM
    I have met a few girls under similar circumstances... meeting them initially online and then for real. You did nothing wrong, it wasn't your fault... it wasn't either of your faults. So, stop feeling guilty and being so harsh on yourself!

I realized a few things after going through this online dating. You can learn a lot about a person online(IM, Skype, etc.. ) and for the most part you can get a good sense of who they are... as long as you put the time in and stay objective. You can get into some very deep subjects and the fact that someone is there to listen, and really puts the time into making the effort to talk for hours makes you feel wanted and them sincere. You can build an attraction to this person. But, at this point you are really only getting half the picture. What is easy to ignore, is how important physical interaction is between a couple. By physical interation I mean things like body language, how do you read and interpret your partners actions. It's one thing to be in front of the computer where you are basically just focusing on that task. But, what about in a dynamic situation, going through day to day life, on a date, how do they deal with a problem, how will you react to problems.
    From everything he has told you and all the love and admiration, you may have though that this guy should be all over me, treat me like a queen, etc... While his feelings may have been real, your interpretation of what should have happened next( what's normal to you) may not have been the same for him. You thought that you should have deserved more attention( and I'm sure you did) while he perhaps thought he was giving you enough. Weird, I know but, everyone is different when it comes to giving and receiving love, attention, expressing themselves, selflessness, empathy, on and on... all these things that are very hard to be expressed through miles of ethernet cable that separate you. This is the difference, that breaks the connection that you thought was so strong. He may have simply realized that difference.

The main thing here is that you both tried and it didn't work out. Meeting someone online is fun and exciting , however, the one thing I have noticed is that people are more liberal, open, easy going ( almost like people in a nightclub) online you will rarely see any negative side. One girl I met online and actually dated for a while was so great online... happy, open, could talk about anything. After , spending some time with her I realized, she didn't talk much, wasn't really this happy go lucky girl, jelous, very insecure. Her life was also much more hectic than I thought and had money problems. And of course, there was difference in the way I was as well.

I wouldn't say that meeting someone online is a bad thing. But, you really need to stay objective and not dive in until you spend some time with this person for real. Any talk of physical attraction, how they will express their love, love or marriage is just superficial... it's more just infatuation.

Go easy on yourself, you tried... nothing wrong with that. Just don't give your heart up until you really know a person and spend lots and lots of time with them. Best of luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 08:52 AM

There is nothing wrong with you at all. You just didn't click, in person, and found out his actions didn't meet his words is all. On to the next, but please be careful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Relationships [ 8 Answers ]

Ok so about a year ago I was going outwith this girl and things were going great or at least I thought so, but about five months in she told me that she wasn't sure about us anymore and she wanted to break up. She said that she felt like she didn't deserve to have a guy like me and that it was...

Relationships [ 3 Answers ]

OK... when you and your other one has the ups and downs but you don't think its not going to last what should you do... They way my other is he doesn't say I love you when we hag up on the phone and my other is so ignorant to me what should I do should I stay and work it out or should I move...

Relationships ? [ 6 Answers ]

Well I am just amazed at the help you people are posting. It is helping a great deal right now. But I thought I would throw my story in the mix seeing how I am still dealing with the pain and any advice would be welcomed. So I guess I will sum it up as best as I can. Well in the beginning, I...

About relationships [ 6 Answers ]

What does it mean when a man tells you I love you, I love you, I love you but I am not in love with you. He explains that men sometime take longer?

Relationships... [ 5 Answers ]

Relationships... ... work better when we are willing to work at them. ... work better when we don't play with each others feeling. ... work better when we stop worrying about being single or not. ... work better when they are based on living, loving and sharing.

View more questions Search