Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acount_alucard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 04:27 PM
    My 10 year old house trained dog has started pooping in the house.
    Please help my 10 year old dog has started pooping on the landing of my home. Its always in the same place no matter how much I scrub and steam clean he still does it there. Its always outside my bedroom door. He sleeps with my mother down the hall and ever since I moved home after 4 years of living away he has started pooping in the house. He doesn't get fed after 6pm and is walked before bed and breakfast, he is an indoor dog mainly but does spend time outside in the garden.
    There was a brief period when he was 3ish when he did the same thing in the same place. Please help I've had enough of finding poop in my house all hours of the day. Please help am so disturbed and scared that there might be something wrong.
    LovesDogs97 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2010, 10:23 AM

There's nothing wrong. Hes a dog, they poop. It may be weird that it's in-front of your door. Try putting a potty pad there or leave your door open. Otherwise block off that area. Walk him extra and don't feed him after 4. Once at 8 am and walk then feed him again at 3. Walk him two times before bed with a hour in between. See if anything changes. Hope I was of help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why has my dog started pooping in the house [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4yr old english mastiff. He is a great dog.. but for some reason when I take him out he refuses to poop where he has always gone he will pee or poop in the street next to the grass area he usually goes in.. and he has started going in the house off and on. He also acts a little strange...

Why has my dog started pooping in the house while we're home? [ 0 Answers ]

He'll hold it while we're one. He'll go after he's already been outside. It's always in the room where we have reptiles. He used to do it when we first moved in 1 year ago but quit shortly after. We have new cage on the floor for the tortoises one new lizard in a cage on a tall table.

My dog just started pooping in the house [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 13 yr Lab, fixed female and she is in great health. She does have arthritis, however she finished up a shot regimen a few months ago at the vet's to help improve her movements and it helped tremendously. So here's the deal, she started pooping in the house, out of the blue. Nothing has...

House trained dog pooping in house [ 2 Answers ]

I have a house trained dog that is allowed to have full access to our home at all times and come and go through his dog door when he needs to pee or poo. We have not had a problem with him going in the house before, but recently at night he has been pooping and peeing in the same spot. He still...

View more questions Search