Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GatorGalTal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 04:17 PM
    Videos won't play in Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center
    I get an error message 'Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file' when I try to play any of my videos. I have tried to download 2 different Codec packs and still cannot play any videos. I read a suggestion to download VLC Media player, so I did, and it plays the videos but does not have sound. I have checked in Device Manager and I have the most updated sound driver.

Check out some similar questions!

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Play [ 3 Answers ]

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." What can I do to play this file?

Windows media player won't play video, only audio. [ 6 Answers ]

I've already got the K-Lite Codec Pack it's still not working.

Windows Media Player 11 won't play SOME .wmv files [ 2 Answers ]

I had the same problem with WMP 10 so I downloaded WMP 11 and installed it. Still have the same problem. All CD's, DVD's and most .wmv files that come over the internet play just fine. But a few of them show only the video and no audio. In checking with a couple of people who sent the .wmv file...

Windows media player won't play video, only sound. [ 1 Answers ]

How can I fix media player to play video and sound, how do you know which codec is correct

Windows media player won't play video, only audio [ 6 Answers ]

My windows media player will only play audio and not video. Any ideas why?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.