Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2010, 03:58 PM
    Right wing consistancy of lunacy and lies
    Hello:

Didja hear that Obama's trip to India is going to cost $200 MILLION a day? He's taking 37 warships, booked the entire Taj Mahal hotel, and is the worst president in history?? Didja hear they're going to dismantle TWO of Obama's helicopters and reassemble them in India?? Didja hear he's taking 10% of the military? Didja hear? Didja?

If you didn't, tune into Fox News....Is it true? No. Does Michelle Bachman, the limp one, or his friend Beck care. No!

Do you?

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2010, 04:16 PM

Actually, the first I heard of this was a conservative site debunking it... and laying the blame on Drudge, not Fox.

And speaking of India, the unrepentant terrorist wife of Bill Ayers was caught whining about the real terrorists in the U.S. to Indian media, those darn teabaggers.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2010, 04:18 PM
    It's embarrassing to see what your conservatives do to spread lies for their gain.
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2010, 04:24 PM
    Another example: Sarah Palin's 'Favorite' Tweet Is About Our 'Taliban Muslim Illegally Elected President'
    Sarah Palin recently "favorited" an Ann Coulter tweet that linked to a picture of a sign about "The blood of Jesus against Obama," our "Taliban Muslim illegally elected President USA: Hussein." This might be awkward if she runs for president!
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2010, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    It's embarrassing to see what your conservatives do to spread lies for their gain.
    I take it you've never visited the Huffington Post, Democratic Underground, Think Progress, or watched MSNBC, where the chief liar Olbermann was just suspended indefinitely without pay?
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2010, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I take it you've never visited the Huffington Post, Democratic Underground, Think Progress, or watched MSNBC, where the chief liar Olbermann was just suspended indefinitely without pay?
    He's suspended for contributing to campaigns, you wrote "chief liar" in the link, where does it say that in the article?
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2010, 04:50 PM
    you wrote "chief liar" in the link, where does it say that in the article?
    It doesn't.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2010, 05:09 PM
    and laying the blame on Drudge, not Fox.
    Hello Steve:

I neither know, nor care who started the lie. I only know who perpetuated it. One was a sitting US Congresswoman, and the other a news organization... I had to bite my tongue when I said that...

Olbermann didn't disclose that he made a political contribution?? What a bastard??

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 5, 2010, 05:14 PM

And I heard all the liberal members of AMHD was going with him to post from India
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2010, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    And I heard all the liberal members of AMHD was going with him to post from India
    Where did you hear that?
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2010, 05:23 PM
    It doesn't.
    I know, you lied. Thanks for being an example of the thread topic.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 5, 2010, 05:23 PM

I overheard myself telling my wife when we were talking about excons post.

But it may have been a second cousin of a maid of the banker who is paying out the 200 million

I have tried a dozen times over the year to get a good story going, like the end of the world at 2012 but nothing, sending excon to India sounded like a good one
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2010, 07:03 PM

With QE2 it's possible it could cost that much .They plan on using Farmville currency.

Funny thing is I don't recall any of us mentioning the costs;the fleet ,
    http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/34...ma-visit-64459
    The cutting down the coconuts
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ndia-trip.html
    ,the clearing the streets of suicide vest wearing monkeys
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...dia-visit.html
    ;the building a mile long bomb proof tunnel so the President could visit the Gandhi museum at Mani Bhavan
    http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/repor...bhavan_1461946
    ;the insulting of the Indians by the amateurish State Dept plan to ask them for ID before they could enter an event at the Taj Mahal hotel hosted by the President
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...ow/6873911.cms
    ... or the fact that the President will not be visiting the Gurudwara Bangla Sahib temple in New Delhi because he doesn't want to be seen in a turban. http://news.indiamart.com/news-link....lhi-gurudwara/
    (note none of the links are FOX)

I do recall that I have mentioned the trip here. As I recall it was on the silly rant op about the Chamber of Commerce and the bizarre unproved and ridiculous assertion that the Chamber was funnelling foreign money into the Congressional campaign .
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...et-516251.html
    As I recall that lie went through all the lefty news outlets and blogs and was even spread in the White House by Baghdad Bob Gibbs. I pointed out at the time that part of the reason for this junket was so the President could attend an economic conference sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. Funny... now that the campaign is over I doubt you'll hear a word from the White House demonizing the chamber and smearing them with lies.

Did you hear that this trip will have a historic 1st ? This will be the 1st time in the history of the Grand Hall of the Indian Parliament that a teleprompter will be used in an address to Parliament.. Way to go!! TOTUS going where no teleprompter has gone before.
    http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report...ks_1456549-all
    Yet there is no truth to the rumor that he is bringing his Greek columns along for the speech.

By the way this would've been a good time for a joint exercise with the Indian Navy and a Carrier taskforce. I actually would not fault the President for having a carrier group shadowing him on this trip to India ,Indonesia , South Korea,and Japan.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2010, 04:15 AM
    NBC’s Football Night in America got sick of his act also.
    Do you think he revised his 'Worse Person in the World segment yet to include MSNBC President Phil Griffin ? I think he's toast. They are making room for FORMER (lololol )Congressman Alan Grayson.:D
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2010, 04:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    NBC's Football Night in America got sick of his act also.
    More lies. Here's the real story:

When the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke in 1998, The Big Show with Keith Olbermann morphed into White House in Crisis. Olbermann became frustrated as his show was consumed by the Lewinsky story. In 1998, he stated that his work at MSNBC would "make me ashamed, make me depressed, make me cry." Olbermann left MSNBC for Fox Sports Net shortly thereafter.

In 1998, Olbermann joined Fox Sports Net as anchor and executive producer for The Keith Olbermann Evening News, a sportscast similar to SportsCenter, airing weekly on Sunday evenings. While at Fox, he again hosted the 2000 World Series as well as Fox Broadcasting's baseball Game of the Week.

According to Olbermann, he was fired from Fox in 2001 after reporting on rumors that Rupert Murdoch, whose News Corporation owns Fox, was planning on selling the Los Angeles Dodgers.
    So he left MSNBC originally because of journalistic integrity (ie. All Lewinsky all the time), then was fired by Murdoch for reporting an inconvenient truth i.e.. Doing his sports reporter job.

His departure from Football Night in America was reported without giving any cause to his departure.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2010, 04:52 AM

Put 2 and 2 together. They didn't want a flaming lunatic anchoring their Sunday night sports programing . He was a no talent sports guy long before he was a no talent political pundit.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2010, 04:56 AM
    Do you think he revised his 'Worse Person in the World segment yet to include MSNBC President Phil Griffin ? I think he's toast. They are making room for FORMER (lololol )Congressman Alan Grayson.:D
    It's a perfect fit, he has the right attitude and was on his show 62 times so there's a replacement already groomed for the slot. His first "worst person" can be olbermann. :D
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2010, 04:59 AM
    put 2 and 2 together. They didn't want a flaming lunatic anchoring their Sunday night sports programing . He was a no talent sports guy long before he was a no talent political pundit.
    When all you have is ad hominem attacks then you have no substance at all, just punditry (which anyone with a keyboard can do).
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2010, 05:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    I neither know, nor care who started the lie. I only know who perpetuated it. One was a sitting US Congresswoman, and the other a news organization... I had to bite my tongue when I said that...
    Well, my point was conservatives also debunked it.

Olbermann didn't disclose that he made a political contribution?? What a bastard??
    I'm not surprised and I don't care, let him keep his show. What's funny is watching all the libs defending Olbermann for being blatantly biased with one breath while still slamming Fox hosts for being biased in the next.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2010, 05:15 AM
    I know, you lied. Thanks for being an example of the thread topic.
    Nice try, I didn't claim the story called him chief liar, that was my designation. And for good reason.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Full Moon Madness or Lunacy. Do You Think Such a Thing Really Exists? [ 202 Answers ]

Hi, All! I do. I'm wondering what others think? I always feel a little bit weird around the time of a full moon. Just not quite as "in-sync" as I might be... Any others, too? Or, not? Perhaps some people might be more susceptible to it than others? What about policeman who might be...

Mother of children lies and lies some more can I use it to my advantage [ 8 Answers ]

Ever since day one she has been lying to me an I could never do anything about because I never found out the truth until way after the matter and had already became attached to her. Now in her biggest debacle she lied to me for over a year about the paternity of our daughter and would have...

File consistancy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Eachtime I boot system it goes for file consistency checking, How to stop this ?

Left Wing/Right Wing Or How About A Drumstick? [ 10 Answers ]

I've been following some of the political threads with some interest... Just wondering where some of the regulars see themselves on the ol' political spectrum. Left Wing, Right Wing or planted firmly in the Center, I'd like to know where you see yourself fitting in and perhaps an anecdotal...

View more questions Search