Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tony J Posts: 90, Reputation: 4

Jan 4, 2007, 02:11 PM
    How can I get rid of someone?
    I met this girl a while back in a college class and after my girlfriend and I split I asked this other girl out. I pretty much used her as a rebound but she is also in a similar situation having just gotten out of a long relationship. I do not want to hurt her feelings but I also do not want to pursue a relationship with her. Is there any way I can get out of this while maintaining my grace and without hurting her feelings?
    pluckyflamingo Posts: 220, Reputation: 17

Jan 4, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Just tell her the truth, it will hurt her more if you make something up and she finds out later.

Jan 4, 2007, 02:18 PM
    I just started getting over my last girlfriend so I do not want to jump into something right away.
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Jan 4, 2007, 02:33 PM
    And that is what you should tell her... the truth.

Jan 4, 2007, 02:34 PM
    OK thanks!
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Jan 4, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Tony,
    Tell her that you both got involved too soon after being in relationships and that you would like to be alone for now.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Hello My ------------.

I really enjoy our company together but I do not want to get serious.

It is kind of simple. Guess it is easier said then done.

I know how you feel. You do not want to hurt this girl but at the same time the longer you leave it the harder it will be.

Joe
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Jan 4, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Yeah the worst thing to hear is more lies. The more honest you are with her the more respect she should have for you. Just don't exaggerate or try to say 'its just me'... UGH I hate that line... even though when I was younger I used it.. ick.

Be straight forward, honest, but kind at the same time. Tell her your sorry for jumping into things, you thought it was what you wanted but you realize you don't want a relationship right now, that you didn't mean to hurt her feelings, and that's why you don't want to pursue anything longer... something along those lines if that's what comes to your mind...

Best of luck!

Jan 4, 2007, 03:33 PM
    I did not ever lie to her. My main concearn is that I do not want to hurt her feelings. I'm not going to drag this out.
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Jan 4, 2007, 03:41 PM
    I did not mean to say you lied to her, I meant to say that some people do lie to try not to hurt someone's feelings.. and its not the best way to go. As pluckyflamingo said, lies have a habit of coming back around.

Sounds like you've got it all under control though:) I hope she is an understanding girl and doesn't take it personally...
    landmanq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 12:09 PM
    Just do the following throw her off a cliff, then u don't have to worry her feelings hurt or not becausee she's dead!!
    dfkjfhdskfhskdf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 12:10 PM
    Just do the following throw her off a cliff, then u don't have to worry her feelings hurt or not becausee she's dead!!
    dfkjfhdskfhskdf Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Jul 24, 2009, 12:10 PM
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2009, 01:32 PM

Post over two yrs old and rude dumb advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Getting rid of spiders [ 13 Answers ]

Any one know a good way to get rid of spiders.We mostly have little redish brown spiders in the house and outside we get some pretty big red spiders That make big webs.We have a lot of daddy long legs,thou they do not really Bother us that much.They pretty much stay out of the way but the big red...

How do I get rid of IE^? [ 9 Answers ]

Am running win XP and Have downloaded Mozilla .9! I want to use that and not IE6. How do I get rid of Ie6 so I won't be vulnerable to its security leaks? :P

Best way to get rid of mildew [ 1 Answers ]

Our refrigerator has built up a tough film of mildew in the crevices of the door gasket. I've tried Clorox wipes, and bleach/water scrubbed with a stiff toothbrush, but neiteher works well at all. I would really rather not replace the three door gaskets because of the final price of around $150. ...

Need to get rid of my truck... [ 3 Answers ]

I am in a mess with my truck. I bought a $35,000 truck about 4 months ago. Well, I just lost my job. Even if I find another job, the salary I'll be making will not be the same or enough to make the payments. I know if I take the truck back I'll screwup my credit, but I have to get out from under...

How to rid PC of lop.com? [ 16 Answers ]

Aladdin Internet Cleanup keeps telling me I have lop.com spyware. Each time I delete it via Aladdin it just comes back. I also have Hijack This, but I cannot see anything that helps. I have trawled the internet and found lots of advice on what to do in regedit, but none that applies to anything I...

View more questions Search