Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djcvet Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 07:11 AM
    This is an ongoing problem that my boat engine mechanic has still not been able to so
    This is an ongoing problem that my boat engine mechanic has still not been able to solve. With the engine "cold soaked" (sitting for a week without running)it will start okay but when I go to WOT it will not accell past 3000 RPM. If I leave it at WOT and run the engine for about 10 minutes all of a sudden it kicks in and goes up to 5400 RPM and runs fine the rest of the day, even if I turn it off and restart. I have had the carbs rebuilt, new ignition power pack installed, and the VOR pump removed and a fuel pump only installed. Still the same problem. I am almost sure it is ignition related because when I do the "cold soak" start and let it idle one spark plug lead is not firing and if I take the plug out it is soaked in fuel which tells me it is getting fuel but no spark. Any ideas at all? My engine mechanic and me are ready to use the motor as an anchor! Thanks.
    faztbullet Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2011, 02:47 PM

What year and hp? I know it's a OMC product as you mentioned the VRO. If it's the mid90's v-4 with single pack it sounds as if a scr in pack is failing or a bad solder joint.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Failure to disclose ongoing water problem [ 2 Answers ]

High water table - not disclosed by seller. House had basement flooding problem in the past, seller reported it as one time water seepage-basement flooded because of power outage - not true.

My boat and dock where destroyed by neighbors broken loose boat during hurricane [ 3 Answers ]

As I said above, during hurricane Wilma my neighbors boat broke loose from its mooring and floated down to my dock, two homes away, and proceeded to smash my boat and dock until the storm was over. My dock was destroyed and my boat was knocked off the lift and sank, Do I have any recourse, as my...

Our ongoing tub clog problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I'm new to this forum and I'm not really sure how to word my plumbing problem. My family lives in a 3-story rental apartment (and the landlord is currently unavailable to help.) Out bathtub drain on the 3rd floor keeps on clogging. Nothing else clogs. We have used "Draino" in the past and...

View more questions Search