Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    M.RADHAKRISHNAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 07:03 AM
    Whether HDPE pipes can used for chilled water piping
    ivanh Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Nov 8, 2010, 01:38 AM
    High density poly ethylene. I've specified it for chilled water in the UAE. This is great stuff. Absolutely yes. Just hasn't caught on in the U.S. so much.

It's a very good material with outstanding durability. Just remember. This stuff is new and expensive. You how it is here in the states. We love our copper piping.

It's even starting to be manufactured for sewer piping now. We will probably start seeing a lot more of it in the future.
    mark_john Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2011, 03:52 AM

Ya sure we can but its bit expensive you can go with GI or ABS pipe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chilled water piping painting [ 4 Answers ]

Before insulating the ch.water piping ,(in high rise building) it is painted red oxide paint. Is it advised to paint this red oxide painted piping to paint black before insulating?

Chilled water piping [ 0 Answers ]

What is a safe operating pressure for a chilled water system?

Chilled water pipes material [ 1 Answers ]

As far as I know, the galvanized steel pipe is not recommended for the chilled water system because this system to be treated by some chemical. I would like to know the recommended piping material and surface treatment.

Change brass fitting on 1" HDPE water service to house [ 4 Answers ]

I have 1" HDPE water service into the house, Vanguard Proguard black plastic. Presently there is 3/4" brass nipple inside, held on by two hose clamps. To this is threaded a 3/4" valve followed by 3/4" PEX supply to the house. I want to change the 3/4" nipple to a 1" barbed fitting to restore...

View more questions Search