Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ferszty Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 06:20 AM
    1 of the most hardest things I've had to do in my life.
    This is to my girlfriend mum and dad. How I had too tell them about my parents. This is most of my life.

OK I've been thinking about how too say ths for a while now. Most of it comes from my heart

My mum and dad both smoke marijuana. My dad is a drug dealer he sells it and sometimes other drugs I've heard. He does it right in front of me :( I hate him for this. My mum and dad separated when I was about 2 and that's y I repeated yr 1 wondering why my family is nothing like all the others all I ever wanted was too have a normal family all my life. I like to be around familys like yours cause they all care for each other while mine doesn't I feel sooo sad sometimes and carly doesn't know how specail she is to have a family like yours. I hate my family too be honest I've tried to get my dad to stop but I cant. I've promised myself to always be there for my kids when I have them and not too do wrong I don't want them to go through the things I've gone through. A couple yrs ago my dad almost went too jail cause he got caught so I told my friends and they made fun of me and when we were in class once pe when we were talking about drugs luke yelled out ''kyes dad smokes pot'' I felt like running away. I cry myself to sleep almost every night wishing my life was normal but that will never happen :(. This is the reason why I didn't want a girlfriend before. But ever since I've had carly I'm starting to like my life a bit more well when I'm with her when I'm not with her I'm always depressed and stuff. I can't live with my mum cause she can't afford me she can't even afford to stay alive sometimes she even starves herself sometimes. My dad yer well I don't like being around he like never has time for me.
    I have felt like killing myself and running away. I love carly soooo much she is the only thing I care about in this world I love her more then I love my family. She means the world to me and being with her always make me happy. Without her I feel nothing and time goes bye and then I've got school to worry about I can't take it any more that's y last year I got sooo many detentions I got like 3 in 1 week. I think I'm going down hill again and its not carly so *** don't take her away from me I love her more then I have ever loved someone and being apart destroys me. I love her with all my heart.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2010, 07:07 AM

How old are you?

You story is truly sad, but there are many kids going through the same situation. It's awful to have to feel ashamed of your own family.

Do you have any grandparents or relatives that you could talk to? Perhaps one of them would allow you to move in with them? Also you might consider talking to the school counselor to see if he/she has any ideas.

Would you feel better living in foster care?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 5, 2010, 07:15 AM

Quote Originally Posted by ferszty View Post
    im 16
    Found here...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...on-523087.html

Nov 5, 2010, 02:39 PM
    Yes I'm living with my grandparents I'm 16 in like a few days. I turn 16 on 15 of November.
    And right now I want to repeat again cause I've been thinking about my life and I haven't done any work at school I have forggoten everything and exams are next week. And I want to be with my girlfriend.
    eokhuijzen Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Nov 12, 2010, 02:47 AM
    My sweet sad dear,
    I am a therapist so I can give you some advice but since you are not my patient take this as advice from a caring person. You made a huge step moving in with your grandparents! Horray! This is a great accomplishment. Be proud of yourself for knowing an unhealthy situation and getting out of it. Your behavior in school and grades are a natural reaction to what you are going through. Being a teenager is tough as is and now you have these additional problems. I have a son and I said the same thing you did about having children. Your family is not bad. Parents do the best they can with the skills THEY have. Do not be mad or embarrassed. This has nothing to do with you. YOU can not fix anyone. Now, this leads me to Carly. It is great that she is in your life right now. No one wants to take her away. However, no matter how much you love her you are experiencing what is called co-dependency. This is the only thing you have right now it sounds like to have some relief. But whether Carly is in the picture or not SHE can not fix YOUR problems. She can support you and love you but you need to seek professional help. You are experiencing severe depression (it sounds like). I want you to call United Way at 211. They will guide you through things you can do. I want you to get a therapist or even check yourself into a hospital. These people can help you through this with talk therapy or even depression medication. You can not change the family you were given but you can change your situation... like it sounds like you are doing. Also check into programs for teens such as al-a-non. These programs are designed for children in your situation and you may start making some great friendships. Also remember that there is no such thing as being "normal" or having a "normal" family. It is called functional or disfunctional. Only you can change the path of your life. It sounds like your doing the right things. Take that next step and get professional help before things get worse. Carly can only help you so much and if you love her do this for her as well as yourself so that you two can have a healthy relationship. Good luck my dear. Let me know if there is any other advice I can give you.

Nov 12, 2010, 03:12 AM
    My parents are fight ing at the momment too there always fight but now its because of me. I was talking to me friend and I got a message from him saying he has sex with his girlfriend all the time. And other messages and my mum saw them and she got it all wrong. And then there was another message he asked me how old is your girlfriend 13? And my mum got this crazy idea me and my dad raped a 13 yr old girl and she has reported it too the cops and I'm like w.t.f.. This was today.
    So that's what's going on right now and I finished my exams today I went really bad again.
    Now she is really mad she rang like at 4 in the morning my pop and nan said not too talk too her at the moment until she calms down.

The other day I walked out of my tutors cause she kept saying where will you be when you finish school I said I don't know and she said in the gutter and stufff I couldn't take anymore of her **** sooo I walked and got into trouble.
    eokhuijzen Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Nov 12, 2010, 03:20 AM
    Comment on ferszty's post
    This is why you need to get out of the situation and get help. Do you see the disfunction you are living with?

Nov 12, 2010, 04:37 AM
    No I don't like talking to them so far in life I have taught myself almost everything and I don't want them to be stressed and stuff.
    No on has ever talked to me about sex before I'm learning on that by myself.
    My dad tries to teach me stuff but I have already figured it out.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 12, 2010, 10:57 PM

All I can say (and from personal experience) is that you are in control of you.

My situation did not involve drugs but I grew up with a narcissistic, demanding and physical step father. I decided that was not how I wanted to live and I took control of my life. It took me 6 years to get my 4 year degree going to night school while married with two beautiful young children and spending 10 to 11 hours a day at work.

To me it seems that you are doing what you can at this time, things WILL improve son. You have to decide how your life will be. In the meantime keep your nose clean and do your best in school.

Stringer

Nov 13, 2010, 02:07 AM
    OK thanks.
    I'm feeling a bit better now I hope I'm good before Monday.
    Monday is my 16th birthday.
    I went motorbike riding with my girlfriend dad and brother she couldn't ride because she fell off her scooter earlier this week :(.
    It was fun.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've made a mess of things now I need to repair me [ 64 Answers ]

Hi folks I found this board a few weeks ago and have been avidly reading as much as I can and I've found it so helpful. The following may well be a long ramble and not make much sense but please bear with me and all help is taken with thanks. My story is a definite case of how not to do things...

Little things in life that don't make sense [ 12 Answers ]

Have you ever noticed when your highway,road, etc are being worked on why is there only one person working while 12 others are standing around... I though I would just throw that out there... anyone care to tell me and others what you think does not make sense:confused:

Knowing him for a short period.but it seems like I've known him all my life [ 3 Answers ]

Well I been see my boyfriend for about 6 months.. I just recently got an apartment with him the 1st. Of march and I can't believe I finally got out the situation I was in with my godmom.. man it was hell... she wasn't letting me be a women.. I can't do this I can't do that.. but since I don't have...

The hardest part of life [ 4 Answers ]

My friend thinks that the hardest part of life is high school and being a teenager. I don't think it is because I'm in high school and I think as you get older life gets harder because of money, getting a job etc. He's in high school too so he wouldn't really know if it is harder either. I know...

Hardest Life Decision I have to make [ 12 Answers ]

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. My boyfriend (of almost 6 years) and I have been on and off again for a few months now. And things had just gotten good again we worked on our problems and I was going to move back in in march or April when my lease ran out. Bull S&* got started (some girl...

View more questions Search