Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dananron Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Nov 4, 2010, 06:27 PM
    Please help with wiring Hunter 44860 thermostat
    We replaced our old Trane Baystat with Hunter 44860 in August.Called technician after husband blew transformer wiring it.AC worked great.Now the weather is getting cold and the heater won't come on,supposed to drop to the 30's this weekend. We have a heat pump and have 2 units,1 upstairs and downstairs.My husband had heart surgery and was out of work so we do not have funds to hire a technician to come out at this time.

Yellow=Y1
    Green=G
    White=W1
    Red=Rc/r
    Blue=C
    Orange=O
    Brown not connected
    Black not connected
    dananron Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Nov 5, 2010, 12:54 PM
    I solved my own problem after I researched everything I could find. I am a woman so I am proud of myself.The technician had taken off the jumper wire which is needed to operate the heat pump.I connected the jumper wire from RC/R to R/H. I turned off power to unit before doing this.My heaters are working and AC is working.So the correct wiring sequence in my case is:
    Yellow=Y1
    Green=G
    Blue=C
    White=W1
    Orange=O
    Red=RC/R
    Brown=nothing taped off ends
    Black=nothing taped off ends
    Jumper cable from RC/R to R/H

I hope this helps someone else who encounters the same problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with wiring: trane weathertron 239 to hunter 44860 thermostat [ 6 Answers ]

Please help with wiring!! Which color where?? I am replacing a trane 239 thermostat with a hunter 44860 the trane thermostat is wired as follows: G green O orange Y yellow T brown R red W white which is also jumped to X2 B blue

Wiring issues with hooking up new Hunter 44860 Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a 'TotalLine' thermostat model #P474-1010 hooked up to my Bryant HVAC system on my 3 year old house. Indoor Model # FY4ANF036 Outdoor Model # 213ANA036 This is the current wiring hook up to the TotalLine Thermostat: => Red Wire => Green Wire

Wiring from old carrier thermostat to Hunter 44860 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I need help how to wire properly my new Hunter thermostat model 44680 from an old carrier stat that has wires w/ colors red,blue,yellow,green,& white.I have read some wiring combination from other site but want to be sure the proper wiring?I would appreciate any help!thanks! ntmags

Rheem to Hunter 44860 Thermostat [ 7 Answers ]

Trying to replace an old thermostat with a Hunter 44860 and can't seem to get it to work. The wiring on the old Rheem unit is as follows - B - Blue Wire R - Red Wire G - Green Wire Y - Yellow Wire W2 - White Wire X - Brown Now the new unit has the following... note that it does not have...

Hunter Model 44860 wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to change my trane thermostat to a Hunter Model 44860. I had the following hook up: Red(R), black(w2), white (w1), Yellow (Y), green (G), orange (O) and Blue (B) The hunter has rh, rc/r, c, y1, y2, w1, w2, g, o, e and l. I matched the letters and placed Black (W2) in w2 with jumpers...

View more questions Search