Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    falbo.c Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 04:24 PM
    9 year old Son touching his 5 year old brothers Penis
    CONCERNED--

My wife just called me and said that she caught our 9yr old son touhing our 5yr old sons penis, AHHH! This is way too much, my gut reaction is to hurry home and get the belt! I know all children "play docotor" or get curious... but with your little brother? The younger one says that this has happened several times and I just don't know what to do or how to handle this? Any advice is welcome...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2010, 04:27 PM

No belt please, or spanking.

It's time to have the "private space" conversation with both boys.
    falbo.c Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 04:39 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    FYI, I have never done either... Regardless we have had that conversation with both of them already. My concern is that this does not seem to be an isolated incident and the age difference as well? We can attempt the conversation again I guess
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2010, 04:54 PM

Talk to the 9 year old they are old enough to tell you why they are doing things.
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Nov 5, 2010, 05:47 AM

Falbo, I am sorry your family is gong through such an emotional upheaval. You have a right to be very concerned. At 9 years old, your son absolutely knows what he is doing is wrong, especially if you have had the conversation with both of them. You can talk to the 9 year old again but I am concerned the next time, he may threaten the 5 year old with something that might make the younger one too afraid to say anything to you or your wife.

Please seek out a qualified child psychologist. Your 9 year old is having difficulty with something and at this point in time we can only guess as to what that is. You need help from a professional to find out exactly what is going on with him, and receive guidance on how to help him so this inappropriate behavior will not be repeated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do when I see my 4 1/2-year-old son rubbing his penis on the floor? [ 5 Answers ]

He lays on the floor with his underwear on and rubs himself on the floor ,and when he gets up he looks aroused

My 24 year old son got into a motorcycle accident a year back,now the passenger [ 11 Answers ]

Judgement against him, the bike had Insurance @ that time no repair bill was filed. Son had dotor bills, passenger was check-out but no injuries other than slight scraps (at that time).Now no longer boyfriend & girlfriend we think her parents got a lawyer to file paperwork. He doesn't live with...

What does it take to evict my 31 year old son and 26 year old nephew [ 1 Answers ]

I want my 31 yr old son and 26 yr old nephew to go.Both on drugs.The Denton County Court told me I have to establish a renter/tenant relationship before I can evict them. I have never asked for rent. I have called the local police. The police dept also said I have to evict them. Confussed.

Why does a 10 year old hit parents and brothers? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old great-nephew who has been hitting his parents and brothers in the face. What triggers this behavior in children?

View more questions Search