Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarad19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 04:20 PM
    If I reach out to an adult at my school about my problems...
    I want to talk to this person that works at my school about what is going on in my life. Only thing is, its not "technically" their job to be a counselor. What are the chances they would want to sit there and listen and help me? Like do you think I would be annoying them, or do you think they would send me away.. or do you think they would be interested in helping me even by just listening?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2010, 05:12 PM

Are they a teacher or the janitor, and then it goes down to what type of person they are, and if they feel they are crossing a professional line.
    Is there a reason you can't talk to the real school counselor
    eokhuijzen Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Nov 12, 2010, 03:39 AM
    Even if this person cares for you and wants to talk to you it is in their best interest to draw a boundary with you and lead you to a counselor. There are many legal issues that could get in the way for this person. It's not that people do not want to help. They may be able to listen but should direct you to your counselor. (This coming from a counselor myself!)
    Reemyz Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2010, 12:20 AM
    Why not give it a shot?
    First try talking to them about something not so personal and see what will their reaction be!

If they're not interested, then stop look for the counselor or a very good friend.
    If that person is a teacher, then really I don't advice you... teachers usually hate it when their students talk to them about personal stuff because they would have this unfair advantage (my mother is a teacher ;))

But my final advice, go talk to your friends! ;)

Best of luck ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult son problems [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 30. His dad and I have been divorced for 20 years. His sister lives near me and we are very close. I think my son is jealous of this. He does contact me and I do see him. But he is 200 miles away and, over the years, the contact has actually lessened. I always feel awkward if I phone him...

How to deal with adult children with problems [ 6 Answers ]

Apologies for long post in advance!! ;) My daughter (43) and son (46) have never had stability in their lives since teens. I had to leave their physician father who impoverished me then took the kids at 9 and 12. I got the 9-year-old back in custody suit. Until the "split" my children were just...

New School Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I've never been good with change... when I entered sixth grade and I started going to a new middle school, for the first few weeks I was late to class a couple times because the campus confused me and I cried every day, usually one or two times during class and a couple times at home. This year, I...

A few school problems [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Im in Yr 9 and I started at my current school in... September. I have a few friends, but I don't really see them very much because they are in different classes to me and they are not in the same school house as me. The peole who are in my school house do not like me for some reason. One...

High School Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I am a freshman this year and all of this is new to me. I love the classes.. I just can't stand sitting there during block scheduling so that just makes it so I sit there and look at the walls and yeah.. They get an e-mail stating that I'm getting a D or lower in 2 classes. Then they...

View more questions Search