Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonelylover23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 02:51 PM
    I Need Help Being More Confident.
    I have a pretty big problem with guys. I can seriously talk up a storm with my friends but I get extremely quiet around guys. To be honest it is almost all the guys. I don't know what to do or say around them. I have a sister who is a year younger than me and she is pretty and gets all the guys. When I see this all I want to do is cry but yet I still don't chage it. I feel I am not happy in life when I don't have someone special to talk to and make me feel special. I can talk to guys all I want online and texting but as soon as I get in person I am the quietest person ever. Why is this? I know I need more confidence but I have no idea how to do so? Please help me with this! I would really like to hear what you have to say.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2010, 03:04 PM

Remember, guys are people too. They are shy and insecure and dorky, just the same as girls.

You know that, so all you have to do is put it into practice. One great tip I use is "Fake it till you make it." So you are not confident now? Pretend you are. Act confident and you'll find that real confidence grows.

For what it's worth, a lot of guys like girls who don't talk all the time.
    ferszty Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 01:52 AM
    A good starting line is ''hi how are you?'' and then you go on from there. If something is wrong ask them y.
    I know that's what girls say too me. Try it.
    JaneDoe24 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Nov 16, 2010, 12:37 AM
    Don't stress so much about being shy and less confident, that just means you're a very reserved person which means your not easy. But to get over this and still be reserved and have boundries you do need to become a little more compterable with yourself, and how you are as a person; caring, kind, funny, smart, etc. Just get in touch with your qualities and eventually they will shine through more so you CAN have in person conversations with guys. Another thing you could do is watch your sister and see how she carries herself and how her confidence is, it will be annoying especially since she's younger but hey, younger siblings can definitely be of assistance too.
    Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are ways to be confident? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 15 year old girl and I have major confidence issues. I hate it so much because I constantly nag on myself, always putting myself down. I want to be a confident person but I have no idea how. My friends and family tell me to be confident and I would try to but I really have no idea how. I...

She's not that into me or just not confident about herself? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello friends, so I finally got over my ex. She's more beautiful now and happy with her life so I happy for her. And I met this girl we've been friends for about 9 months hanging out, party together, hooked up few times. And last weekend she txted me from no where saying she thinks she loves...

How can I be more confident around guys? [ 8 Answers ]

Being around guys always scares me to death, and I don't know why. Whenever one of them comes up to talk to me, I don't know what to say, so I end up saying something stupid or even mean. How can I be more comfortable around guys?

To become more confident [ 1 Answers ]

Soo... how can you remove shyness? I'm a bit quite but I can be hyper too =] But around guys I'm very shy =[ The thing I hate is that everybody mentions how shy I am. I am really getting fed up with this situation because it's iritating wanting to do something and not doing it because of...

Not Confident [ 3 Answers ]

How can I overcome my deep fear of failure in everything in my life.For some reason everything I think about doing I immediately come up with fears and worries why it won't work.And this fear of failure has completely paralized me from diong anything even things I know how to do. I am just wasting...

View more questions Search