Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dr_optical Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 12:16 PM
    Limited Warranty Deed in Arkansas
    I purchased a lot in Arkansas at a tax sale. The redemption period has passed and I have received a Limited Warranty Deed from the state of Arkansas.

If I understand it properly this type of deed does not warrant the title (which surprises me.) When I sell the property would the appropriate course of action be for me to convey the property with a Limited Warranty Deed instead of a Warranty Deed?

Thanks for your help

Andy
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2010, 05:58 PM

I personally quitclaim all of my tax sales,
    And no, not sure why you were surprised, there is never a warranty deed at a tax sale, since other debts or liens, such as IRS or city taxes can still be owed. Also there could be issues with the deed from two or three owners ago that were never cleared. They merely sell what ownership they have due to the unpaid taxes.
    dr_optical Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 08:15 PM
    I just want to give any potential purchaser as much peace of mind as I can without incurring more risk for myself.

Thanks for the reply

Andy
    jdizzo Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 07:14 PM
    Chuck - when you quitclaim your tax sales, are you able to sell that piece of property? Or do you have to worry about a mortgage if there is a mortgage tied to the property?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 6, 2010, 07:18 PM

The quitclaim is a sale, I give them that deed when they buy,
    I often do various, I often hold a mortgage myself, or do it as a contract for deed,

As long as the buyer does a title search and buys title insurance seldom was there issues in getting a mortgage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Limited warranty deed vs. A general warranty deed [ 1 Answers ]

I am buying a piece of property in order to build a home on in the future. The seller will be providing a Limited Warranty Deed vs. a General Warranty Deed. Is a lender or bank going to have a problem with this when I go to get my construction loan? Is there something I should know or ask before...

What is a Limited Warranty Deed [ 1 Answers ]

What is a Limited Warranty Deed?

Difference between a warranty deed and a limited warranty deed? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between a warranty deed and a limited warranty deed?

Limited warranty deed [ 1 Answers ]

What is a limited warranty deed?

Limited Warranty Deed [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between a regular Warranty Deed and a Limited Warranty Deed for a mortgage loan?

View more questions Search