Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Robert Rice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Finding a new career at age 57
    After 15 years with a major corporation my family moved from Atlanta to Oshkosh Wi. I have had major difficulty finding a middle income job in Oshkosh. We are moving back to Atlanta in the summer and I am in a quandary as to what would be a practical trade, skill or business that I could enter as a 57 year old to achieve a more stable income.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Are you looking to use the skills you already have (what are they?) or to add new training in areas that you don't have experience in? Usually, it's easier to use or build on what you already know, but I realize, sometimes you're just so sick of it you want to to something completely unrelated. I went from state-government economist/bureaucrat to beef cattle rancher twelve years ago, and I've never regretted it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Career help. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I'm junior at the University.and my subjects are Psychology,marketing,economics,accounting.I want to bean administrative manager.I need guidance like what major should I take? Like should I go in to Finance, Marketing or etc? Thanks.

"Dark Age" or "Golden Age" of Human Existence? [ 3 Answers ]

History shows us over and over that all great civilizations eventually come to an end. It stands then that our Civilization (as we know it) will come to an end sometime as well. Do you think the world is slipping into a "Dark Age", or are we about to emerge into a "Golden Age" ? We seem to...

Career [ 2 Answers ]

I'm planning to go abroad for further studies in Computer Science, where as my uncle wants me to go abroad to get a commercial pilots license. What will happen, will I go abroad? If so which course would I pursue?

Career help [ 3 Answers ]

I'm working as a support executive. I want to know how is the career growth in this field. Please reply

View more questions Search