Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handykathy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 09:26 AM
    What is a t molding?
    I tiled a concrete floor and it butts up to carpet. The metal transition strip comes with little nails, but the concrete bit is too big and the nails don't fit the hole. I tried gluing the nails in, but it didn't hold. Will a screw hold the metal strip down?
    Kathy
    Bljack Posts: 245, Reputation: 28

Nov 4, 2010, 11:13 AM

There's a few ways you can do that transition. A t-molding is a molding with a "T" shaped profile used to join/transition two floors of the same height, not what you have there, but it's the topic of your post.

The metal seam binders like you have when used on a slab, you would mark the location of the nail holes on the slab and then drill holes in the slab for oak plugs to accept nails.

You could use a wood seam seam binder that screws in ans use plastic sleeve anchors inserted drilled holes and screw them down.

There's other options but those are two of the easiest

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corner Molding [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing molding in our dining room. We would like to install a simple chair rail around the room with quarter round molding in each of the corners. I've seen photos (although I cannot find them now) where the quarter round molding "keys" into the chair rail very nicely. Is...

Crown molding [ 16 Answers ]

I need help installing crown molding. Is it necessary to use adhesive as well as nails?

Decorative molding [ 1 Answers ]

I bought some chair rail moldings the other day I really like, but after looking closely at it, one edge is rounded. :confused: I searched to find installed pix, but no luck. I haven't put it up yet, and I'll be placing this up against a flat 4.5" backer board for a dining room chair rail project....

Window molding [ 1 Answers ]

Where would I find a nine pane window molding? It is for a exterior door.:confused:

Nailing Molding [ 7 Answers ]

Quick question: when nailing up molding (base and casing), *where* do you like to nail? Thinner edges, thicker edges? Closer to edge of molding? Closer to center of molding? FYI: I'm using MDF, to be painted. Thanks!

View more questions Search