Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mandert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 09:17 AM
    Replacement cost of FPE circuit breaker panel
    35 yr old house, 3200 sq ft. Just looking for typical cost in Dallas area. Are these panels unsafe as I have been told? Thanks
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2010, 12:24 PM
    This is the official report from U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission regarding FPE panels and breakers:

Commission Closes Investigation Of FPE Circuit Breakers And Provides Safety Information For Consumers

If you do a websearch , you will find most home inspection firms still report FPE panels and recommend replacement.

FPE replacement breakers are still available, but are difficult to find.

I would suggest replacing it simply for the purpose of upgrading to something more available and current.

For pricing, I suggest you contact 2-3 local contractors to come in and evaluate the size of the service for current and any future new load, and providing an estimate including proper permits and insurances.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moveing a circuit breaker panel [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to move my main electrical panel about 10ft. I was told that I can't splice my main feed cables unless I have a disconnect panel right after my meter. Would it be better to put in another panel in or should I pull new cables the 30ft undergound and not splice them. If I have to put...

Fpe 2P60 - 60 Amp circuit breaker size wire [ 1 Answers ]

FPE Class CTL panel. I need to switch to a 60 amp circuit breaker for heat strips. What size wire is required.

Fuse box to circuit breaker panel [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know how should it cost to have a fuse box containing 8 fuse to a circuit panel. That fuse box is in a coop apt.

Additional Circuit Breaker panel [ 1 Answers ]

My home has a 100 amp panel, all provided circuits are now full, I want to add a hot tub circuit (approximately 45 feet from main panel) of course I'll need to install an additional auxiliary panel to accommodate the hot tub circuit. What is the best way to power this auxiliary circuit breaker...

Panel Circuit Breaker [ 3 Answers ]

I live in a four bedroom colonial. The Pacific Electrical Panel is 125amps and 29 circuit breakers of which 3 are not in use. Is it necessary to upgrade the system to 200 amps? I have no problems with it and is seldom overloaded. If I choose to upgrade the panel what is the cost of such a project.

View more questions Search