Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ymc_cof Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 11:56 AM
    replace concre-tile shower with new shower pan
    I am replacing my concrete-tile shower with swanstone 32x60L shower base.
    The new drain location will be around 4" away from the original drain location.
    What should I do?

Can I use the existing P-trap with the new drain location by connecting them using a horizontal PVC pipe? Or do I have to remove existing p-trap and move it right under the new drain location?
    The original P-trap is iron and rusted, any suggestion if I have to remove it?

Thanks,
    YMC
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 4, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ymc_cof
    I am replacing my concrete-tile shower with swanstone 32x60L shower base.
    The new drain location will be around 4" away from the original drain location.
    What should I do?

Can I use the existing P-trap with the new drain location by connecting them using a horizontal PVC pipe? or do I have to remove existing p-trap and move it right under the new drain location?
    The original P-trap is iron and rusted, any suggestion if I have to remove it?

Thanks,,
    YMC
    Remove the old cast iron trap and convert to PVC using No-Hub Bands,(see image) and bring the trap and raiser up directly under the shower drain. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs [ 3 Answers ]

In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted Shower valve assembly. It leaks from the Shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold water wall mount knobs. The cold water knob the sleeve that...

Shower Pan [ 1 Answers ]

Can Epdm Rubber (used As A Pond Liner) Also Be Used As A Shower Pan Liner?

Shower pan [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone make a shower pan with an integrated above the floor drain? I want to connect it to a sewage ejector pump that allows connections at floor level. Limited head room prevents me from building a platform for the shower pan.

Shower Pan [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I am in the last stages of a remodel on my Kitchen and Bath. I am going to have a shower Pan Inspection soon, How do I stop - up the drain so it will hold water for the test? Need advice ASAP

Installing new tile on top of shower pan [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to be installing tile over durock cement board which sits on the top edge of my shower pan and just slightly over hangs into shower pan. Should I rest the starter row of tiles down on the cultured marble shower pan which has a 1/2 in lip or should I leave maybe 1/8 gap and if so what do...

View more questions Search