Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puneet.ruthala Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 10:05 PM
    Can liquid paraffin be used to lighten skin colour?
    beautifulskin Posts: 143, Reputation: 5

Nov 3, 2010, 11:10 PM

I have never heard of this puneet. Are you going to give it a try?
    puneet.ruthala Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 03:41 AM
    It is used by quite a few people but for some other purpose so...
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 4, 2010, 04:27 AM

Puneet, please re-read the rules and TOS of this site. Stating that a comment is not helpful because it doesn't completely answer your question is against the rules.

You did not give enough information in your post to give a complete answer. Asking more questions of the original poster (OP) is how we draw people out to get them to give us more information so that we can better answer the question.

Please review the rules so that you are more clear going forward.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 4, 2010, 06:00 AM
    'Many of these creams contain an ingredient called hydroquinone which is a chemical skin lightener that can be used in various concentrations ranging from 2%-10%. Over the counter hydroquinone creams are available in a maximum of 2% concentration. For concentrations higher than 2%, a prescription is required. Many of these prescription strength products also combine the hydroquinone with Tretinoin, which helps to significantly increase cell turnover. Some individuals prefer not to use hydroquinone and instead opt for more natural skin lighteners that use proven ingredients like Kojic Acid or Arbutin.'

That's from one link I checked right here under your question.
    I highly doubt that any wax/paraffin is going to lighten skin. It might be seen in products as a vehicle for ease of application and soothing of the skin, but not for any other reasons. Many women use it to remove hair on legs, etc. after it hardens. Good skin lightener products are expensive. If you don't have age spots or a medical condition or scars, I wouldn't spend the money. (I have scars and age spots and all sorts of spots, and wouldn't.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does meladerm really work to lighten skin colour? [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, my skin tone is medium dark brown, I was wondering does meladerm make your skin lighter and is their any type of bleaching/lightening cream for the body because I've tried so much creams for my underarms, inner thighs, knees and elbows and nothing seems to work, and I heard that meladerm...

How long do I keep washing up liquid in my hair to strip the colour [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I ave died my hair so meny times I gone from blonde to brown from brown to red and then I got excluded for having red hair and my headmater took me to a hair dresser and made them die my hair ithey died it with four lost of colour Which is bad :( But know I want to go back to my natural ...

Has any one used neoprosone gel forte to lighten skin or as a skin lightener [ 70 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this site but I wanted to know if any one knows about neoprosone gel forte. I have been using this cream for six months now I have had very good results, but I just wanted to know if any one has the same out come as me. I was using mono to depig my skin, but after 8 months of...

How do I lighten my skin colour [ 1 Answers ]

I would very much appreciate it if someone could advise me on this. I suffered from severe acne as a teenager and used some various strong chemicals to treat my problem for quite some time. Over the years I have noticed that the skin colour on my face has turned dull and darker than the rest of my...

How to lighten red colour to match the wall paint [ 4 Answers ]

I have a room painted in red I used what I thought was the same red paint to touch up However it is much darker and has left big marks How can I lighten the red colour ?

View more questions Search