Ask
    Larry Mize Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Forensic science
    Can you start a fire with table salt and water
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2007, 04:26 AM
    I don't think so... Firstly there's nothing to ignite the substances, and secondly there's nothing combustable there.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2007, 06:25 AM
    If you have nothing else beyond salt and water, no. if you add electrict current, certain amounts of heat or another chemical.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Forensic Summer Camps! [ 1 Answers ]

This isn't really a question, but more of something that I thought everyone would be interested in, since this is a Forensic Science forum. I found these two great Summer Camps for Forensics for high school students, and I thought this would be the perfect place to share them with you! Union...

Science [ 1 Answers ]

Choose the correct answer 2. justify why you chose that as the correct answer Scientists have discovered that chromosomal abnormalities such as down syndrome can result from unusual timing of hormonal cycles in older women that result in unusual hormonal concentrations during oogenesis. At...

Science [ 1 Answers ]

What is a pure, new iron skillet?[element, compound, homogeneous mixture, or a heterogeneous mixture.. What is white out... homo, hetero, a compound or a element? What is sugar... homo, hetero, a compound or na element? What is a rock... homo, hetero, a compound or a element? And why for...

Forensic Science vs Thermal Chemistry [ 0 Answers ]

Hey, I'm a student with huge project due in a couple of weeks :eek: and I really need some help... I have to link forensic science to thermal chemistry and I need all the resources I can get. If anyone out there can help in any shape or form, I'd greatly appreciate it! Please email me at...

View more questions Search