Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heath0423 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Lennox Heat Pump System
    Have a Lennox Heat Pump & Furnace. It is 7 years old and I have have 2 recent repairs on the system. This past August, the heat/cool valve was replaced because it was leaking freon. In November the control board in the furnace was replaced because the blower wouldn't come on to supply heat. Now, with the outside temperature averaging 45 degrees, the Heat Pump is supplying cooler than usual heat causing the aux heat (gas) to come on more than usual to heat the house. The thermostat is set to heat and 74 degrees.

James
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Sounds like there may still be a leak and it is low on refrigerant. If you mean the reversing valve was replaced... I have known maybe 2 of these to be the source of a leak in the past 20 years, I'm concerned they did the wrong thing for you. Besides reversing valves are very hard to replace in the field and very expensive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whalen Heat Pump - no heat! [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I live in a condo and have a Whalen Heat Pump. I changed the thermostat to a Noma digital programmable model (model # 52-255808) in the summer time. The A/C works well and the fan works well, but I did not test for heat as it was summer when I installed it. Well, now that the weather is...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Lennox heat pump makes noise, slow condenser fan [ 1 Answers ]

Lennox, 20r-48 heat pump ac, roof mount in Phoenix, AZ outside temp 30-65 deg f. My heat pump makes a howl noise from the condenser fan and the fan speed is slow. Condenser coils frost outside but I haven't looked at the coils this time of the year in the past due to no need, (good performance and...

Lennox Heat Pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox heat pump. I have measured 220VAC to the bottom of the compressor contactor. However, when I turn the thermostat to cool the blower fan comes on but the outside compressor is not energized. I can manually engage the contactor and the compressor and cooling fan come on. I can't...

View more questions Search