Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ameliak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Over Counter Drugs for DOGS
    I have a Great Pyranees with a back hip that is sore from a donkey kick what can I give him for the pain. He weighs about 160 pounds and is 8 months old.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Do NOT give him any of the modern stuff, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, etc. You can give him aspirin, best if buffered aspirin, 5 mg per pound of body weight, a standard 325 mg tablet for a 65 pound dog, maybe 2 for him.

The vet would have even better stuff.
    dannysmom Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Forget about over the counter meds. Get your dog to a vet. He could have internal injury due to the kick
    badams007 Posts: 106, Reputation: 12

Jan 4, 2007, 08:44 PM
    If you haven't had a vet check him, please do. As a pup it's extra important to make sure everything is where it belongs and nothing broken so you can avoid the possibility of a chronic problem later on.

And labman's right on about the aspirin until you can get him to the vet.

-Beth

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Dogs For Dogs [ 7 Answers ]

My 20 Month Old -13 Lb Female Shih Tzu Has Always Been A Picky Eater. Recently We Gave Her A Beef Hot Dog... she Won't Eat Anything Else. I Give Her 2 Hot Dogs At Noon & 2 At 6pm... she Lovvvvvvvvves Them & Is Happy As Can Be. Am I Feeding Her Too Much & Is She Getting Proper Nutrition? Thank You

What Are Floating Drugs? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a third year pharmacy student I wanted to know more about floating drug deliver system,I wanted to know more about te need,types and methodology behind it As I am preparing a project on the same please suggest me sites where I can find matter Thank you Shweta

Over the Counter Drugs [ 1 Answers ]

When I have PMS and then my period, I have two medications I usually take. During PMS, my main symptom is irritability, so I take Pamprin which helps alleviate that. However, when my period comes, I get bad stomach cramps. Although the box and bottle of Pamprin says it is supposed to relieve all...

Drugs [ 68 Answers ]

I have just read where Mexico votes to legalize small amounts of cocaine, heroin and marijuana. What are the implications where American citizens cross the boarder and use what is there legal drugs but would then have traces of the drug in their system for drug tests in the US. Since they did...

Drugs = Downhill [ 3 Answers ]

My man Had a bad experience and becomes obsessed with it and the people Concerning it. He says he loves me and I believe him Loving him as well. I have been There for him for about 2months now, Trying to work out and understand what's going on. But he isn't ready for a relationship and gets...

View more questions Search