Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dnm123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 04:34 AM
    IMMIGRATION FRAUD is this against the law?
    I found the man of my dreams 4 years ago. After dating for 6-8 months we were married. I sponsored him to get his residency and move on to his permanent residency. We got alone beautifully had a loving relationship (so I thought). Our third year anniversary was Sept 14, 2010 to which I was taken to dinner and given a beautiful card stating how much you loved me. At the end of Sept he was granted his permanent residency. As soon as he received his permanent residency he and his family started to act very strange toward me. On the evening of October 8, 2010 we were sitting on the couch and he stood up and announced he was moving out and wanted no hysterics. He now has left me very hurt, heart broken and in shock. I have found that he has taken every document that has pertained to my sponsorship to his permanent residency, all the cards he had over the past 3.5 gifted me, all our pictures of the past 3.5 years and has told me he has thrown out all the birthday, Christmas, Anniversary, Valentines day etc cards and all of the pictures of our marriage and of our past years. He pretty much told me I should have known what the deal was? When I started to date this man his sister and brother were married to Americans as well. One year after my marriage to my husband his sister filed for a divorce for what I thought was a good marriage to her husband. One year after that the brother also filed for a divorce for a marriage to an American woman, but I thought that was fine as they never got alone. Since then my husbands sister has gotten her Citizenship and now has sponsored their parents to get their residency. So basically this whole family has gained entry to the United States through Fraud. My husband has not yet filed for divorce. My question is... Is there anything I can do at this point to throw a wrench into this familys plan to use fraud by marrying US citizens and then dumping them to gain their green cards? PLEASE HELP!!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2010, 04:03 PM

This scenerio happens every day. It is nothing new. You can go to the Immigration Office in person and speak to them about him and his family. They may or may not be able to do anything about this situation. But you can't expect the INS to stop him or his family as they are bound and determined to stay in this country. You going to the INS just may put a kink in their plans though.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2010, 04:39 PM

Yes, you can report it and explain the circumstances. You entered the marriage in good faith, but that apparently was not the case for your husband.

Here is a place to start:

marriage fraud
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2010, 06:22 PM

DoulaC This "problem" is more rampant than I even want to think. I don't know if ICE can handle this anymore as there are just too many of them out there. They actually "know" (after taking classes no less from others who know how to work the system) just who to target to get them to marry them and believe in them. I've personally seen this scenerio too many times up here in Ohio in the last few years with always the US citizen getting the short end of the stick and the foreigner making out like a bandit at the citizen's expense both financially and emotionally.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2010, 06:27 PM

It certainly is far too frequent of an occurrence, but I'm just wondering whether the web of all the other family members might move this up the rungs a bit to be noticed.

I'd suggest the OP goes back to the office where their AOS interview was held and perhaps start there.
    Thica Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 04:21 AM
    Oh.. My God! His action is so disheartening, but he didn't break any law here unless he commits bigamy or so.. :( Believe me they will gout stuck one day, pay what he did to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Income tax fraud, immigration fraud [ 1 Answers ]

Some people have come to usa from different parts of the globe on visiting visa. After they have come here, some are getting contract marriages by paing some money in order to get immigration/green card. Even they are creating false bank statements, false rental agreements etc. though they are...

Immigration Fraud [ 1 Answers ]

Should you report immigration fraud or not?

Immigration fraud [ 2 Answers ]

Why is it that immigration fraud is taken so lightly or so it seems? If immigration laws were stronger and suspicious marriages were looked into like they should be for the 3 yrs someone needs to be married to stay here then I believe a lot of people would be in jail and a lot sent back to their...

View more questions Search