Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonathan8 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Nov 2, 2010, 07:50 PM
    Security deposit
    1 year lease for apartment just ended, I was on lease with 2 other roommates. I moved out and they stayed in apartment. I am having difficulties getting my deposit back from the landlord because of the fact that the apartment is not vacated. I have been waiting a week for an answer from my landlords boss and have had no luck. What does the law say in this situation and what are my actions available to me. I live in California.

Check out some similar questions!

Security Deposit: Am I entitled to the full security deposits based on the following [ 5 Answers ]

Can a NY landlord, claim charges for the following: 1. cleaning an apartment myself? 2. an extra dog kept without landlord's permission 3. companion that lived for two months in the apartment without the landlord's permission.

My Landloed has not provided a certificate of deposit for security deposit [ 3 Answers ]

I have requested several times,verbally, a receipt for an escrow account for my 2100 dollar security deposit. The landlord has not complied and I feel he has spent the money. I called him on several occasions which finally he picked up the phone. I told him to figure on picking up the rent...

Security Deposit [ 7 Answers ]

I rented out a house in King County, WA. The tenant signed one year lease on the WA state standard lease form. Seven months into the lease, the tenant informed us that she was going to move out in two months. It happened at one of the inconveninent month. I had a baby and my husband was on the...

Security deposit [ 1 Answers ]

About 14 days ago I moved out of my apartment. I broke my lease, but my landlord told me it was fine as long as I found a new tenant to take my place. I found one and she started paying rent the day I left.I moved out march 30th and the new tenant moved in march 31st Now he is refusing to return...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.