Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mycurses Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Nov 2, 2010, 05:37 PM
    Me and This Guy...
    Threads merged

****** I need a guys advice at the bottom *********

K so there is this guy at my school and when ever I see him, I get butterflies, so I know I like him. He is kind and smart and funny. I really like him and I wanted to know if he likes me back, so if someone with relationship experience like this could tell me if these signs mean anything or if I am just scraping to find some sign.
    - When we make eye contact he smiles.
    - One time, when he could have asked the person sitting beside him or in front of him, he actually walked across the class to ask to borrow a pen from me.
    - He offers to help me with my math when I'm having troubles and compliments me when I do something cool like a couple of days ago I got chosen to give a thanks to a band that played for a couple of schools and after he complimented me.
    - Sometimes I catch him glancing in my direction in class and sometimes we make eye contact.

I really like him and I want him to ask me out so if you have any answers or advice on this or getting him to notice that I like him to.

***********Also I was wondering if a guy notices these things
    - Blushing
    - Difference in voice when talking to him (My voice gets quiet when I talk to him cause my throat gets fluttery)
    - Difference in clothing (Before I liked him I didn't really care about my appearance but now I take time to fix up my hair, wear light perfume, dress better and make more effort in standing straighter and am getting skinnier cause I'm on a diet and exercising more)

From the last question I said I think I am in love with this guy and want him to like me back. I think I am in love. I am a very mature and realistic persona and like to think about my future. I'm only 14 years old but I feel like a 16-18 year old. These are things I feel
    - Sometimes I feel dizzy around him
    - I admire him (His behavior)
    - When I saw him helping a little kid I could imagine me and him having kids
    - I get butterflies around him
    - I want to be around him a lot.

Am I in love?
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2010, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycurses View Post
    ****** I need a guys advice at the bottom *********

K so there is this guy at my school and when ever I see him, I get butterflies, so I know I like him. He is kind and smart and funny. I really like him and I wanted to know if he likes me back, so if someone with relationship experience like this could tell me if these signs mean anything or if I am just scraping to find some sign.
    - When we make eye contact he smiles.
    - One time, when he could have asked the person sitting beside him or in front of him, he actually walked across the class to ask to borrow a pen from me.
    - He offers to help me with my math when I'm having troubles and compliments me when I do something cool like a couple of days ago I got chosen to give a thanks to a band that played for a couple of schools and after he complimented me.
    - Sometimes I catch him glancing in my direction in class and sometimes we make eye contact.

I really like him and I want him to ask me out so if you have any answers or advice on this or getting him to notice that I like him to.
    Well it certainly sounds like he's interested , he may just be shy , just like you are right ;)

Why don't you ask him if he'd like to share lunch with you one day or something similar , what have you got to lose.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mycurses View Post

***********Also I was wondering if a guy notices these things
    - Blushing
    - Difference in voice when talking to him (My voice gets quiet when I talk to him cause my throat gets fluttery)
    - Difference in clothing (Before I liked him I didn't really care about my appearence but now I take time to fix up my hair, wear light perfume, dress better and make more effort in standing straighter and am getting skinnier cause I'm on a diet and exercising more)
    Yep we notice , and this could even be the reason he's showing some interest.
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

Nov 2, 2010, 10:34 PM

I'll follow this a little more closely and I'd be interested to read what other men 'see'.

Obviously what I believed what men saw in women is completely different.
    awayandalone Posts: 92, Reputation: 32

Nov 2, 2010, 11:42 PM
    As a guy it sounds to me like he could be interested. Smiling when he sees you is a good sign. And yes if you are someone we are interested in and he is a caring guy, not just trying to get in your pants, than yes he will take notice to those slight differences.

You both sound shy which in this case can be a good thing. Don't be afraid to ask him out it doesn't always have to be the guy asking, and trust me from someone who knows we too enjoy be asked from time to time. My last girlfriend was the one who asked me out and I was so glad she did because I probably wouldn't have had enough courage to do it myself because I thought she was out of my league.

So go on and ask him to lunch or something and let us know how it goes. Best of luck!

Nov 3, 2010, 04:54 AM
    Comment on friend4u178's post
    Thanks guys, I never thought he would be one to be shy, cause he is like the most popular guy in school. But thanks for all the advice!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 3, 2010, 05:11 AM

I don't know if you are in love, but you both seem to be very attracted to each other. You won't know if its love or not, until you have interacted enough to see if its real or not.

The feelings you have are intense, and its like that in the beginning, especially when you are young, and maybe he feels the same, but until you find out, you won't know if its love or a very strong crush. Crushes fade, love grows.

Nov 3, 2010, 06:42 PM
    So if any one following up on this could tell me the best way to ask him out. What is the best wording? How should do it, on Facebook, in real life or get someone else to ask him for me? Sorry I'm just nervous cause I'm afraid I may just be trying to hard and seeing things that may not be there. Also, would it be better to tell him at school or after school, at the beginning, middle or end of the week? Should I flirt with him a bit first or just keep my distance? I asked him if he needed help on a project because he is doing the same thing as me and I'm really good at it (If any one is wondering, it's poetry which is quite ironic) Please help me out with this because all my friends tease me if I talk to him or if he talks to me. I think it is love because I liked him last year and thought it was a crush and kind of shrugged it off because I get A LOT of crushes and usually how I tell is I ask them and if they deny me ( they usually do) and I don't feel anything, then I know it's a crush. But with this guy it's steadily growing. I started missing him over the summer and when I saw him again I got butterflies so I think it's love. I can imagine myself with him.
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

Nov 3, 2010, 06:51 PM

Never go through someone else.

Just start a general conversation with him, gradually ask questions about "what are you doing in the weekend" and depending on his reply i.e.. . busy.. not busy, just slot in 'well if you're not busy.. would you want to go to the <insert something you'd think you'd both like to do>'.

Keep it cool and fresh. But do it yourself, face to face and somewhere where neither of you are going to be tormented by others.. helps to keep the nerves together :)

Good luck!

Nov 5, 2010, 03:19 PM
    Just wanted to give you guys an update.

I told him I liked him and he said oh okay. Then later that day I asked him if he liked me back and he smiled and said "just as a friend". I feel really bad and I'll update you again with why a bit later.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 6, 2010, 08:24 AM

I always felt bad about being rejected, as its very disappointing, but why waste time feeling bad when you can turn your attention elsewhere while you get over it?

Apr 6, 2011, 05:32 PM
    I feel awkward. I still like him. And now I feel like I'm in a creepy love triangle cause he likes my friend and I like him. It's weird. But my friend doesn't know he likes her. Anyway. The wound is still raw but we are still friends. We talk more now. I hang out with him kind of. He sits near my friends so when I sit with them we chat a bit. There is my update! Anyway, life is kind of normal now. Not really, read my newest post if you are curious about my relationship status and how my life is going. I might start blogging if you want to check that out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gay guy falling in love with straight guy [ 11 Answers ]

So I've been working with this guy for about year and half. He's has with two kids with his live-in girlfriend. I'm a single gay. Everyday at work, we flirt a lot, he tells me that he loves me, he tells me that I'm cute, he's even asked me if I wanted to see his penis. What does this mean? Is...

Do you know any straight guy falling in love with a gay guy? [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is any straight guy falling in love with a gay guy? If so, how was it possible? Can a straight guy do so?

Sci fi show with a guy and a girl sort of a police station guy, dwarf always fighting [ 2 Answers ]

Sci-fi TV show series on 1ce a week it was an agency like the police guy and dwarf always fighting on the floor rolling young alburn headed gal captain always grumpy

Gay/Bi/Bicurious guy attracted to a Straight Guy [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not the best at this, but I'll give it a good shot! I'm a guy (may explain why I'm not good at this!), 19 years old and live in New Zealand. August 2008 - Offered a brilliant job, was so surprised I'm one of the youngest in the country to ever have the position!! Obviously said yes,...

View more questions Search