Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katiebaby0910 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 12:50 PM
    Is my mom still legally responable?
    I'm 17 years old and last year I dropped out of school because of problems I was having.I moved to a different state where my boyfriend lives and we have been dating for a year and 2 months.I can't find a job because of my age and dropping out.Can I get help through the state ? Also is my mother still responablity for me?
    General_Ameed Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 01:12 PM
    If you live in america I say yes she is because your 17 when you become 18 she is no longer responsabale but your 17 and you left the state I suggest you go back untiil you become 18 before anyone finds out they might think that you ran away because your mom is violent twords you or that she abuses you... etc and she might go to jail!
    That's what I've heard
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 02:13 PM

This is a legal question not simply an advice column. This question should be left to those who know the law.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 04:49 PM

Yes, with the except of a couple states, your mom can declare you a run away, force you to come home or even see about putting you in detention for this.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    yes, with the except of a couple states, your mom can declare you a run away, force you to come home or even see about putting you in detention for this.
    Ill see yours and raise you a few more. Also your boyfriend could be guilty of a federal crime for aiding and abedding. Another thing is depending on the state you either moved to or moved from your boyfriend (how old is he) can end up in jail just for being with you. Age of consent in many states is 18.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can we legally evict my mom? [ 6 Answers ]

My mom sold her house and used that money to make apartment from our garage. We agreed she would pay $200 while living inside the house until it was done we also said if we ever sold our home we would give her something for the money she put into it. She moved into it and we presented her with a...

Can I file taxes legally separated if I was not legally separated from my husband? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I separated in December 2008 but he didn't not want to file papers for a legal separation. Can I still file taxes as Legally Separated? Or do we have to file together or married filing separately?

Early 90's movie where lady locks mom in basement because mom is monster [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm trying to remember the name of this horror movie that I think came out in the early 90's or late 80's where at the beginning, this lady goes to a gypsy/fortune teller and the fortune teller gives her a Moon and Star pendant and tells her that her soul mate will have the same Moon and Star...

Step Mom listens in on kids conversations with real Mom [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter who is 41 , lives with me, and is an alcoholic, but calls her children every night. I am always within hearing distance. The step Mom listens in and if she doesn't like the conversation or the question my daughter asks she hangs up the phone on them and won't answer the phone if my...

Dad does not finicial responable for child withspecial needs [ 3 Answers ]

need some info on this subject , went to court and one my case he is 21 , and judge ruled him to pay , and now he is taking me back to court, because my son went to a school for special need to be more educated and dad says he does not live here he is going to school the gov. is paying o.v.r help

View more questions Search